Cigna is seeking a highly motivated and organized program manager, reporting to the Senior Director of Global Data and Analytics (GD&A) Strategy and Operations, to join our growing and dynamic team to help lead the management and execution of our GD&A strategic roadmap priorities. This individual will engage with senior leadership across the organization to manage a highly visible, diverse program while also leading small to medium sized projects.
- Understands the GD&A's strategic goals and priorities and works across the organization to clearly define the strategic roadmap including the required stakeholders/sponsorship, work streams, major deliverables, milestones, and dependencies.
- Measure and report on value creation.
- Engages with various leaders across the enterprise from organizations such as D&A Engineering (IT), HR, business unit analytic leadership (US Commercial, Government, International Markets, etc.) to establish on-going management processes to deliver on strategic commitments.
- Gathers and provides appropriate cost benefit analysis to help leadership make informed decisions around prioritization.
- Works closely with GD&A innovation and strategy leadership to continuously measure value and refresh strategic roadmaps to reflect the latest strategic priorities.
- Has a strong understanding of execution approaches and driving the prioritized work towards execution while partnering with the delivery teams.
- Gains a strong understanding of the broader portfolio and the alignment of various initiatives within the portfolio. Stays connected with overall portfolio development to evolve scope, approach and prioritization as needed.
- Partners with the execution teams to ensure smooth transition of work and provide necessary support during execution.
- Facilitates regular meetings with key stakeholders and sponsors to provide status updates, escalate risks or issues, and review scope and prepares executive-ready communications that effectively summarize program outcomes.
- Identifies trends/opportunities/emerging issues and takes appropriate actions, including engaging appropriate individuals for resolution.
Skills & Experience:
- Independent and organized worker who can think critically about problems and how to solve them
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) at various levels across the business up through Executive Leadership
- Demonstrates relationship management and influencing skills
- 5 - 7 years of managing highly complex and visible programs at the enterprise level
- Consulting experience preferred
- Understanding of Cigna's business and structure highly preferred
- Ability to leverage program management discipline and methodologies to deliver value through speed and efficiency
- Highly motivated individual with the desire to grow and learn
- Minimum bachelor's degree required
- MBA preferred