The Strategic Purchasing Manager is responsible for identifying, supporting, and executing strategic sourcing activities for over 300 million USD spend. The categories are complex, critical and impactful from a Supply Chain and ensure supply perspective. The individual in this position should have a strong procurement background, with strategic sourcing experience, a demonstrated capability to develop a holistic strategy for ingredients and packaging materials. The individual should drive and support the team to reach cost savings targets and provide solid advice and strategy on categories impacting T. Marzetti.
Essential Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
- Utilize the size and scale of T. Marzetti to strategically source critical categories and ensure competitive costs.
- Lead the strategic sourcing and negotiations for key Packaging and Ingredient categories.
- Lead the efforts of transforming critical or bottleneck categories to leverage categories by increasing the supply base, transforming what we need to buy and leveraging the full T. Marzetti size and scale.
- Own and detailed execution of the strategic sourcing programs and process linking closely to Manufacturing, Marketing and R&D.
- Understand the supply chain of ingredient and packaging items from origin to the factory ensuring that our supply networks is in place to meet our needs for quality and service.
- It is both a strategic and a tactical position that requires forward vision and insight to be combined with data gathering and detailed step by step execution.
Works in a normal office environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, see, hear, sit, stand, talk, type, walk and bend while moving about the facility. The noise level in the office is quiet. Occasional travel to plants or meetings is required.
- Minimum Bachelor's degreerequired
- At least 2years of strategic purchasing experience.
- Strong written, verbal, and listening skills.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and influence business decisions and change.
- Strong Analytical, Planning and Execution skills.
- Can effectively articulate various perspectives and impacts of issues and project them into the future. Able to see all sides and the inherent value to stakeholders.
- Can work through tough agreements and settle disputes effectively.
- Can be forceful and direct as well as diplomatic.
- Anticipates and adjusts for problems and obstacles.
- Effective at establishing trust and building effective business relationships and getting things done through others.
- Organizational Agility – knows how to get things done both through formal and informal channels.
- Priority Setting – Spends his/ her time and the time of others on what’s most important. Eliminates roadblocks and creates focus.
- High results-orientation.