WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry. If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
WEX is searching for a Strategic Projects Engineer, to join our IT team in South Portland, Maine
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide engineering leadership for Strategic project build and implementation
• Coordinate across multiple engineering, application, and business teams as needed
• Designing and deploying enterprise-wide, complex cloud infrastructure solutions.
• Stay up-to-date of industry best practices and champion a spirit around innovation, continuous improvement and quality for the data centers
• Provide input to project plans, resource plans, training and test plans, and cutover plans
• Ensure that business requirements are delivered by implemented solutions
• Ensure delivery to project scope, budget, risks and timelines
• Build productive internal/external working relationships
• Interact with VPs, directors and business leads in groups, 1:1 and through email.
• Identify critical path and interdependencies that could pose risks to the projects
• Works well under pressure, be sensitive to deadlines, can interact in a team environment, can adapt quickly to change, deep attention to details and possess excellent customer service skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
• A minimum of 8 years of related experience
• Experience with Amazon and Azure Cloud based IaaS and PaaS technologies
• Experience with
• Strong Automation skills (Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash, etc.)
• Experience with Configuration Management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack, etc.)
• Working experience with Source code management (TFS, Git, SVN, Mercurial, etc.)
• Background in DevOps Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery is a strong plus
• Requires strong technical expertise across three or more infrastructure technology areas
• Requires analytical ability, strong judgment, problem solving skills, and effective human relations skills to work cross functionally across the Enterprise with staff and all levels of management in various disciplines
• Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Ability to function in a complex environment thru multi-tasking and establishing and communicating priorities
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing proposals or papers, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to customers or client audiences or professional peers, and working closely with upper management, acquired company personnel and outsourced service provider.
• Strong listening and collaboration skills; must work effectively with engineers in other domains such as servers, operating systems and storage.
• Ability to execute approved integration plans according to timelines laid out.
• Ability to solve problems quickly.
• Deep understanding of how to implement network security according to security policy
• Post graduate course work in Computer Science or Business Administration a plus
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.