We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
The Manager leads strategic program efforts for Ochsner Health System by effectively managing a set of strategic initiatives leveraging project management, change management, and process improvement core capabilities. The Manager interfaces directly with executive team to drive program strategy and to efficiently achieve project objectives and leads multidisciplinary teams to meet or exceed targeted goats through expert program management.
Required - Bachelor's degree
Preferred - Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Public Health, Finance, Health Care Administration or related field
Preferred - Additional degrees, business training experience and/or certifications may be combined to meet minimum qualifications.
Required - 7 years related experience.
Required - Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent (Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Master Change Agent, AGILE Project Management, or Program Management Professional) .
Preferred- Change Agent, AGILE PM or Program Management Professional)
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
- Excellent judgment, organization skills, group facilitation skills, decision making, and delegating skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently, set project priorities, and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with physicians, operations, and corporate divisions to drive change in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to travel throughout and between facilities.
• Leads impactful strategic initiatives ensuring program goals are achieved within budgetary, time, and organizational parameters.
• Leads program communication strategy through clear articulation of ideas to the project team and critical interfacing with senior management.
• Develops curriculum and serves as instructor for strategic program management training programs.
• Designs and conducts coaching/consulting engagements leveraging project management, change management, and process improvement core capabilities.
Other related duties as required. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.