The role of the Strategic Marketing Manager is to help set the future direction of the products and services offered by the Company. The position will be responsible to research current and new markets to help position our product and service offerings to succeed. This includes examining new markets as well as suggestions for products and services for our current markets.
Reports to: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
- Assist in establishing strategic marketing plans to achieve Corporate objectives for assigned industries and product lines.
- Research products and services identified to determine the feasibility for introduction.
- Define product messaging and positioning.
- Research competitive offerings and companies in the market.
- Regularly visit the field to see Customers and applications and conduct research.
- Work with the product development team to develop and execute marketing programs to achieve stated objectives for revenue, profitability, and market share.
- Identify potential new markets for Basler to enter.
- Develop and implement schedules for the projects identified.
- Identify sources of data, research, etc. to assist with research and marketing efforts.
- Direct the work of the internal Market Research Analyst.
- Provide regular updates on projects to his/her Supervisor, the Product Line Managers, and Executive Management as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in a marketing or technical field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product line development and/or market research.
- Extensive knowledge of market research and product development.
- Understanding and previous experience with new product development launches.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Significant travel of up to 35% required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft® Office required.