Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
The Global Sourcing Manager or Director will lead all strategic areas of purchasing for a major group complex items for a major group of materials and services to ensure an uninterrupted supply at optimum cost, and within the policies and guidelines established by management. This role is to be filled by a seasoned professional involved in developing specifications and performing analysis to balance the value of competing bids. At times, may act as an individual contributor purchasing a large volume of a limited range of business critical materials but will primarily be a managerial, leadership role purchasing a wide range of items through a group of subordinates in the US, Chile, China, Europe, and Australia.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a global team of purchasing staff to ensure the team’s resources are used effectively and work schedules and targets are met. This team will not only be in the US, but also in Asia, Europe, South America, and Australia.
- Plan, direct, and monitor all purchasing activities so that the goods, materials, supplies, and services the organization buys meet its standards of price, quality, timing, and reliability of supply.
- Liaise with managers to anticipate their demand for goods and materials.
- Develop plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs into existing purchasing activities. Evaluate and select suppliers.
- Negotiate terms for major purchases within established limits of authority.
- Develop policies, checklists, and other materials that describe the organization's technical, quality, service, or reliability standards to help purchasing staff evaluate supplier proposals.
- Analyze and evaluate the organization's overall purchasing trends to potential bulk purchases.
- Analyze and evaluate external price trends and new product offerings to reduce overall purchasing costs.
- Select and manage relationships with major suppliers, vendors, or sub-contractors to ensure the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
- B.S. in Engineering, Business, or related technical field
- 8 – 10+ years of related procurement or related commercial, including supervising procurement functions.
- Ability to work independently while also leading and overseeing the global procurement functions and interacting with multiple levels of management.
- Excellent analytical, business and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with SAP ERP system.