The Procurement Manager leads, manages and optimizes the sourcing, procurement and supplier management process for approximately $100 million per year of direct material purchases for up to 14 manufacturing locations across all of GCP’s businesses in North America.
- Support GCP’s safety culture by demonstrating leadership as the Company works towards an accident-free environment.
- Promote GCP’s vision of striving to be a premier specialty chemicals and materials company and demonstrate and integrate its core values into daily activities.
- Systematically gather and maintain industry and market intelligence relating to key direct materials.
- Develop value-accretive strategies for purchased direct materials and support and executes initiatives for globally sourced strategic materials which minimize the total cost of ownership to the Company.
- Develops and implements favorable supply contracts where appropriate which protect and provide a competitive advantage to the Company.
- Lead and manage regional and interregional sourcing activities or projects for direct material purchases.
- Drive continuous, incremental and where possible, step-change improvement to achieve cost reduction and cash flow productivity within the region.
- For assigned categories, lead regional communication by establishing category strategies and representing NA sourcing team during business reviews, meetings and conference calls as required.
- Interface with cross functional business leaders, primarily North America to ensure appropriate alignment consistent with business goals, and drive TCO benefits
- Foster a team environment that develops strong business and professional relationships with key internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Motivate, encourage and coach direct reports to deliver maximum results and achieve functional excellence.
- Update monthly Raw Material price forecasts, identify and remedy PPV related leakages.
- Support the development of the Annual Operating Plan and Strategic Plan and manage to meet or exceed expectations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Supply Chain or related field; MBA and/or procurement or supply chain certification preferred.
- 6+ years of strategic sourcing, procurement and/or supply chain experience in a world-class global chemical manufacturing company.
- Business savvy with strong internal and external negotiating skills. Must be able to critically review and negotiate supply contracts and possess a solid understanding of standard contract terms and terminology.
- Strong team orientation.
- Proven ability to manage and develop supply contracts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Dynamic and creative with energy and vision to drive positive change.
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Positive “can do” attitude combined with customer orientation and focus.
- Analytical and data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office® suite and SAP.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 10% of time.