Site Name: USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park
Posted Date: Feb 26 2021
The Cabotegravir Long-Acting PrEP Strategic Pricing Manager is responsible for developing pricing & contracting strategies for the brand across all payer customer channels (e.g. managed care, Medicaid, Medicare, etc), and for executing on the deliverables that accompany pricing strategies, tactics and implementation. Specific activities include the following:
- Develop list and net pricing recommendations, including contracting guidelines and preparation of business case documentation for Governance Committee review and approval
- Conduct financial modeling of pricing scenarios incorporating market environment risks to assess the brand's gross to net price strategy, including impacts to ASP and 5iAMP
- Assess and model scenarios for impacts/risks/opportunities of proposed government legislation, payer and environmental changes
- Forecast and monitor ASP and 5iAMP, incorporating impacts of pricing and contracting actions
- Act as business lead responsible for projecting and monitoring payer mix and aggregate discount levels by channel
- Develop multiple financial models to support the detailed gross to net short-term forecast build and long-range forecast, including pricing model upkeep and improvement
- Maintain pricing intelligence including environmental trends and knowledge of pricing and market access requirements across customer segments
- Identify and anticipate key trends and assess opportunities and risks for pricing strategy development
- Lead launch activities related to price/payers; partnering with teams across ViiV and GSK - Channel, State Price Transparency, Government Pricing, Contracting, Brand Team, Legal
- Collaborate with ViiV Contract Operations team to provide input into contract development, administration, and performance
- Lead assessment of quarterly government pricing calculations and submissions, in partnership with GSK Government Pricing and ViiV Contract Operations
- Develop and execute presentation/training for payer field team related to pricing and create presentations for senior management meetings
- Support efforts involving investor relations requests, external and internal communication pricing requests
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in economics, accounting, finance or healthcare management
- 5 years pharmaceutical experience or related healthcare experience to support strategic pricing, gross to net forecasting and other financial impact modeling
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, data manipulation, and data analysis
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrated understanding of public and private payer contracting environment and the complex dynamics and challenges, with strong emphasis on price and reimbursement and interdependencies
- Knowledge of provider administered drugs and the different market conditions that affect successful delivery of these drugs to patients vs. drugs dispensed through retail pharmacies
- Familiarity with government price reporting calculations, including AMP (5i & RCP), BP, ASP, 340B, FCP and NFAMP
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills, with a high level of initiative and a strong ability to act independently in leading evaluations and addressing business decisions related to pricing strategies
- Well-developed interpersonal influencing skills including written and verbal communication with a track record of building relationships
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and successfully manage high impact projects and initiatives, excel within a matrix work environment, and effectively interact with all levels of management
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated initiative, judgement and discretion while handling information
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As ViiV focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiVshall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information,