Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
The Strategic Pricing Lead will support the Corporate Capture Office (CCO) and is responsible for participating in all phases of the business development life cycle to include opportunity assessment, “Win” strategy workshops, “Black Hat” competitive assessments, Pricing reviews, proposal costing volumes, and post-submission activities. Utilizes data-driven top-down and bottom-up methodologies to model customer and competitive behaviors. Designs financial models that consider client requirements, client budget, client award behaviors, competitor cost estimates, and competitor pricing strategies to enable informed business decisions about opportunity pursuit.
• Conducts market research and competitive assessment initiatives to mine, develop and maintain competitive intelligence databases containing cost and pricing data to foster growth within core technology areas and/or emerging markets
• Develops pricing strategies that focus on the understanding of the competitive threats faced and develops strategies for mitigating those threats
• Develops detailed financial analysis predicting competitors pricing based on individual competitor knowledge gained through Competitive Intelligence (CI) and Competitive Analysis (CA)
• Uses parametric cost modeling tools to effectively capture key information to devise and recommend bidding strategies and Price-To-Win recommendations to effectively compete against competitor’s predicted proposal pricing
• Recognized as a domain expert within the business unit responsible for providing unbiased, fact-based leadership and direction in designing bidding strategy recommendations
• Integrate with key capture team members to gain an understanding of the procurement, competitive landscape, firm positioning, likely procurement structure, and overall bid health
• Leverages and maintains relationships with key capture and proposal team members and account leaders to identify new competitive intelligence needs of leadership and capture market intelligence.
• Develops and articulates Price-To-Win, price strategy, risk mitigation, and competitive landscape dialogue with executive and senior leadership and provides sound recommendations for capture and delivery.
• Leads the development of Cost Proposals, managing documentation processes, products, tools, templates, and job aids necessary to support organizational transformation and continuous process improvement.
• Supports post-submission activities by performing post award analysis to identify trends for future opportunities.
• BS Business Systems or Technology Related
• Considered an expert, authority in price-to-win discipline.
• Requires acute skills in rapid development and costing of high level architectures/CONOPs and analysis of competitor bidding and pricing strategies.
• Must have Communication/Facilitation Skills, Strategic Thinking, Business Development and Capture experience, Web Based Research.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions.