Strategic Pricing Analyst The Strategic Pricing Analyst reports to the Pricing Manager and will optimize financial performance through improved price performance. The Strategic Pricing Analyst will engage in performance measurements and analysis by leading projects that will identify, evaluate, recommend and execute margin improvement plans based on review of price, volume, share, and mix trends by customer or business segment. The successful candidate will conduct detailed analysis on the price gain by customer, region, product category, etc. versus planned levels and measure post-mortem performance of distributor and large dealer price repositioning moves, with performance improvement recommendations. The Strategic Pricing Analyst also develops and enhances metrics and ‘dashboard’ reports including pricing/profitability as well as process metrics. The position will serve our Water heater Division from: Fort Smith AR, Montgomery AL, Lewisville TX, or Atlanta GA. WHAT YOU’LL DO: Market Studies & Price Setting
- Pricing accountability for one or more of the major business segments or channels (e.g., wholesale, retail, commercial, specialty, etc.)
- Make recommendations for standard market pricing, based on competitive analysis and product advantages
- Evaluate pricing requests from agents/distributors, and make recommendations within the limits of an approved program, policies and procedures
- Design and recommend all details surrounding a general price increase; communicate to internal and external stakeholders
- Utilize competitive pricing data to improve pricing decisions
- Participate in value pricing and profitability discussions for new product releases, and perform supporting analyses
Pricing Program Management
- Provide direction to team members responsible for implementing exception pricing agreements (e.g., SPRs, gain-share programs, etc.)
- Participate in the evaluation of proposed customer rebate programs and the impact on profitability
- Monitor pricing programs to ensure proper and controlled use of exception pricing agreements.
Pricing Systems & Data
- Define source reference data needed to feed into decision support tools for optimal pricing decisions.
- Participate in pricing systems improvement projects, working cross-functionally and across divisions to ensure all requirements are satisfied.
- Build and/or maintain desktop decision support models/tools using advanced Excel capabilities, including some VBA scripting for automation
Leadership & Planning
- Provide leadership and escalation/approval point for Pricing department in the absence of the Pricing Manager
- Mentor other members of the Pricing department
- Present recommendations on pricing and profit optimization topics to senior management
- Conceive, define and lead pricing process improvement initiatives
- Develop and implement new/innovative pricing structures to optimize profitability, field pricing flexibility, and pricing controls
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives and cross-divisional initiatives focused on pricing and profit optimization
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Finance, or Engineering (MBA a plus)
- 6-9 years of work experience in Finance, Marketing, Customer Service, Purchasing, Sales, but most preferably in Pricing/Revenue Management
- Knowledge of business-to-business pricing principles and techniques
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet applications and data management; power user of MS Excel
- General understanding of accounting principles
- Manufacturing and/or two-step distribution industry experience preferred
- Experience with Oracle BI Answers, SQL, MS Access, and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) a plus
- Effective at summarizing complex pricing and financial performance into actionable information, using MS Word, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint as communication media
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Exceptional analytical skills; must demonstrate an ability to identify problems, gather data, apply statistical techniques and communicate results in non-technical terms
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects at a time; self-starter
- High degree of problem solving, advanced analytical and critical thinking skills required
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimum errors and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to present proposals to senior executives
- Ability to work independently in order to meet deadlines.