Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Develop Supply Chain strategies that position the business for the future. Support the Supply Chain business planning cycle, Initiative strategy development and long-range planning. Stand up and manage complex Supply Chain Initiative projects including all facets from business case development and stakeholder management to implementation to change governance. Enable effective leadership decision making by conducting strategic analyses utilizing multiple inputs and data points (cost modeling, financial forecasting, market intelligence, macroeconomics, commodity impacts, asset strategy, investment portfolio, Company and Supply Chain strategic plans) to tell a story.
- Complex Strategic Analysis: In partnership with appropriate stakeholders and partners, determine key data analysis requirements and effectively use data to solve complex problems. Communicate results to Supply Chain leadership. Perform comprehensive statistical analysis (e.g. trend analysis, correlation analysis, control charts) to identify and communicate trends and recommend a strategic approach to improvements. Develop and publish summary reports and presentations.
- Strategic Supply Chain Planning: Understand and apply knowledge of Utilities industry trends, external Supply Chain Best Practices, benchmarks, and Company strategy to predict industry and organizational behavior and develop strategies supporting Supply Chain Initiatives to position the business for the future. Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that measure Initiative strategies and support Leadership decision making (understanding trade-offs on cost/service).
- Project/Program Management: Develop and drive project plans that support Initiative strategies. Work with Senior Leadership to understand problem statements. Determine process gaps and executes plans to resolve them. Develop and lead cross functional teams to drive strategic initiative actions. Design and transition to Initiative Owners repeatable, sustainable processes. Plan and communicate project milestones, obstacles, and progress. Manage project scope and schedule.
- Stakeholder Management and Change Governance: Lead the identification and management of all stakeholder groups affected by a given change program. Track stakeholder receptiveness to changes and define mitigating actions where appropriate. Apply a structured change management methodology and approach to all assigned programs and initiatives. Drive consistency in change management plans and messaging through consistent adoption of new and existing communication, training, and measurement tactics and vehicles.
- Mentoring: Mentor Strategic Planning Consultants. Manages and prioritizes workload.
- Bachelor’s in related field such as Business, Finance, Economics, AND 8years of experience in relevant Supply Chain field, or business planning/consulting including 6 years of experience in leading projects.
- Ability to use Industry and Supply Chain Acumen to drive ambiguous and complex problems to meaningful and lasting solutions.
- Ability to understand, develop, and document/map effective Supply Chain processes and practices and train others.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel, Access, Word, MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint.
- Expert level knowledge of statistical modeling tools and techniques.
- Self-directed, self-driven, flexible, approachable, and a quick learner.
- Advanced problem-solving, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities without losing track of deadlines.
- Comfort working with senior leadership.
- Cost Modeling and Financial Forecasting Experience