The Strategic Planning Analyst in the Strategic Planning & Transactions (SP&T) group provides modeling, analytical, and presentation development support to strategic initiatives / evaluations undertaken by the Company. The person will support varied and diverse ad hoc strategy related projects that may relate to products, markets, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, performance, competitor analysis, economic trends, and market opportunities.
The Analyst will be expected to be an individual contributor and be empowered to develop new, creative, and insightful content that the executive management team will rely on to make strategic decisions impacting the direction of the entire company.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Support special projects including internal development and strategic planning on an as-needed basis
- Possess an understanding of corporate finance, financial modeling, and analytical tools (DCF, IRR, payback)
- Create presentations and other communication materials for executive management, CEO, and Board of Directors meetings
- Analyze corporate financial performance and competitive market position on an absolute and relative-to-peers’ basis
- Assist as necessary with any M&A related activities including company analysis, due diligence, and presentation work necessary to support group recommendations
- Conduct external research and develop strategies for identifying and evaluating target markets and companies to support LYB’s growth plans
- Perform competitive and value chain analysis by industry and sector
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field of study, required
- MBA / CFA or CPApreferred; equivalent work experience may be considered
- 5+ years of work experience, with 2+ years in planning, evaluation, business and manufacturing
- Experience in the petrochemical, energy,banking orindustrial fieldsrequired
- Highly proficient in PC skills, including Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, financial modeling.
- Fast thinker, quick learner, and team player are "must have" attributes.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills consistent with a client group including Senior Managers & Executives.
- Strategic, while also able to perform tactical duties
- Attentive to details
- Ability to manage highly confidential material
- Self starter, highly motivated with the ability to work with limited supervision
- Possess an understanding of the chemical industry and the drivers of its performance