The primary goals of the strategic planning department are to support market research activities, support the business unit with specific growth initiatives, support M&A activities, and seek out diversification activities.
The planners are challenged with activities that commonly include working
- Cross product group and cross functional
- That are primarily directed at (but not limited to) top line growth opportunities.
Projects are based in real time challenges that exist in the business unit
Typical projects are in the fields of:
- Diversification Initiatives
- Research new markets
- Develop market entry strategies
- Analyzes strategic positions of Rosemount and competitors
- Identify strategic partners and acquisitions
- Support mergers & acquisition strategy development and research.
- Complete research on acquisition targets
- Support work requisite to complete acquisition activity
- Business Plan Development
- Support product groups and world area organizations with research and business plan development.
- Market Research
- Complete Primary, Secondary and 3rd party market research
- ID Growth Opportunities, Size markets
- Other duties as assigned
The strategic planning group also supports Management Reviews as follows:
- Drive the Business Unit Portfolio Review Meeting
- Drive the Acquisition Review meetings
- Support Product Group Board meetings and GPC’s as requested
A bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technical field and an MBA are required. Five years of relevent work experience post bachelor's degree is required. Qualified candidates must be open to global relocation within Emerson for future assignments to be considered.'