This Strategic Partnerships Manager will be responsible for identifying and growing our most valued & highest growth partnerships that can increase the distribution and reach of Root. This person should have excellent communication skills and a strong understanding of how marketing and product partnerships work. This person should be able to think both critically and creatively about how to evaluate new projects and ideas. Proven track record and understanding of API integrations and strong negotiation skills are critical to the success of this role.
This is not a sales role. This role is about nurturing & growing mutually beneficial relationships with an ecosystem of partners that are ambassadors of Root. What you'll be doing.
What we're looking for
- Manage existing strategic partnerships and grow the reach of Root within these partner platforms
- Ideate, lead and execute creative programs for additional growth opportunities within these partnerships
- Analyze campaign metrics and implement tactics for additional optimization
- Work closely with marketing, creative, product and other cross-functional teams to develop partner solutions and prioritize needs
- Renegotiate complex contract agreements with partners
- Launch and project manage partner integrations across internal and external teams
- Superior problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically and innovatively
- 6+ years of account, relationship and/or partnership management experience
- Deep understanding of marketing, customer acquisition funnels and conversion metrics
- Excellent communication skills and experience driving alignment between cross-functional teams
- Technical understanding of partner API functions and capabilities
- Detail-oriented; ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic and a bias towards action to effectively execute and drive for results in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong team player
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. Very few (if any!) people will fit every description; so if you are passionate about what this role entails, and are excited by solving real problems, we encourage you to apply; we want to learn about you, and what you can add to our team!
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation�s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That�s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It�s the way insurance should be. And it�s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We�re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you�ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it�s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us