Strategic Partnerships & Events Director
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with an unrelenting passion for excellence. While his achievements in aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investments in real estate that form the foundation of our company. With passion, determination and limitless imagination, he built one of the great American empires of the 20th century. At Howard Hughes, we live by our purpose to help people discover new ways of experiencing life - because it’s not just buildings and places that matter, it’s what you do with them that can change the way people live.
We aspire to be the most creatively driven real estate company in the world and we believe in fostering a culture that is built to last by cultivating curiosity and empowering every employee to find their story in this great organization.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, The Ward Village Strategic Partnerships & Events Director is responsible for collaborating with the marketing team, key Ward Village stakeholders and third party companies and organizations to help develop and execute strategic partnerships, sponsorships and events throughout Ward Village.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategic Partnerships & Events –
- Develop traffic-driving events and activations that enhance and enrich the neighborhood, encourage community gathering, and drive consistent traffic to key parts of the property.
- Create custom partnership platforms and unique event opportunities that can drive incremental revenue or offset costs for Ward Village events and activations.
- Develop an internal communication protocol, including a master calendar of events, for efficient information sharing across all key stakeholders ensuring seamless sponsorship and event execution
- Responsible for ongoing assessment of event calendar including event briefs and “wrap-up” reports that identify successes and areas for improvement related to expenditures, resources, venue, etc.
- Ensure proper internal approval processes have been followed, organizational standards are met or exceeded and signoffs have been secured by leadership for all sponsorships and events.
- Research new and unique opportunities to help market and execute relevant events and solicit feedback from team.
- Responsible for event & activation planning, coordination and execution on property.
- Manage RSVPs, ticket sales, and attendance as necessary
- Establish and manage all timelines for each event.
- Liaison with 3rd party vendors
3rd Party Event Sales –
- Sell and manage Ward Village event venues for third-party organizations.
- Establish revenue strategy and projections for event venues and develop plans to reach targets.
- Create best-in-class sales materials that position Ward Village as a premier event venue and ensure collateral and branded materials are up to date.
- Maintain accurate forecast of costs and contain costs within a given event/project budget.
- Ensure vendor invoices are processed correctly and any related paperwork/contracts are in place as needed.
- Manage contract workflow with legal department.
- Gather intelligence and examples of effective events/promotions used by other venues.
- Support Vice President with developing key event/marketing initiatives, create and track goals, generate event-related ROI data and ensure the achievement of critical path items.
- Provide relevant content for promotion and marketing of events.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions, status meetings, and project updates and support the continuous progress of marketing goals set for all active projects
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree.
- Minimum 5+ years of event planning or sales experience in related position or field.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to coordinate with internal and external teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office software products, including Excel and Word.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented, fast-paced environment and handle stress.
- Must be able to multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be flexible.
- Real Estate knowledge a plus.
- Experience in the hospitality industry is a plus.
- Professional dress and demeanor are required at all times.