The mission of the Strategic Partner Manager is simple: support and grow our partner relationships, leverage our technology to help partners achieve their goals, and in doing so, turn Canva into the world’s leading visual communication platform.
Our team announced the launch of Hubspot as our first integrated Partner in the U.S. in 2019, and since then we have grown adding several Fortune 500 names to our list. This role will be focused on building and developing relationships with partners in the social media, and social media management, space, expanding on our already growing portfolio of partners including Facebook, Pinterest, Hootsuite, and other leading industry players.
What you'll do:
- Drive Partnership Growth: The Strategic Partner Manager will primarily be responsible for proactive outreach to select target Canva partners, leading discussions to evangelize the benefits of partnering with Canva through templates, integrations, co-marketing, or other collaboration avenues. The role will work closely with Strategic Partnership Lead and Canva for Enterprise colleagues, on collaborations with our most important significant relationships.
- Own the ongoing success of Canva partnership relationships: Once brought into Canva’s partnership ecosystem, the Strategic Partner Manager will own the ongoing success of the relationships, and continue to seek new opportunities for Canva, and the partner, to collaborate more deeply. The Partnership PAM will also be a primary point of contact for partner enquiries, information requests, and ongoing communication relating to Canva templates, new features, and customer feedback.
- Be a cross-functional hero: Strategic Partner Managers must continually build strong relationships and work across the entire Canva organization to achieve their mission. The successful candidate will be communicating directly with Canva’s wider Partnerships team, keeping updated on releases from Product, ensuring compliance of partners alongside our Legal team, whilst liaising closely on partner enquiries with our Customer Happiness Team (just to name a few internal stakeholders!).
Who you are:
- Relationship builder and strong communicator: First and foremost, you thrive in being in front of partners, internal colleagues, and external stakeholders, actively building strong relationships with them, ensuring they are successful with Canva. You’ve built this experience with 3-5+ years in a client-facing role, such as partnerships, sales, account management, or product consulting within a technology company - ideally in a social media, technology, or fast-growing software company.
- Product evangelist, with an aptitude for technology: You’re a champion of Canva’s technology internally and externally, sharing partner feedback to our Partnership teams, and passing on ideas for improving the product experience with relevant teams across the company. Your passion for all things internet and tech means you’re aware of major consumer internet trends, and proactively keep yourself updated on developments in the technology ecosystem, especially social media. You are aware of what is technically feasible when committing to partners, understand what is technically impractical, and can weigh competing product requests against each other.
- Deal executor and project manager: You’re comfortable not only pitching a solution, but also handling customer objections, and managing decision-processes to get a partnership across the line. You’re able to self-manage deadlines to ensure projects are delivered on time, and key milestones are met.
- Leadership and ownership mentality: You act like an owner, and seek solutions to problems without being asked to do so, then work collaboratively with others to drive outcomes. You have proven ability to lead projects from inception to launch and beyond, via self-learning and with minimal oversight. Your colleagues have faith in you to get the job done.
- Strategic thinker with superior analytical ability: Instead of jumping on the first opportunity that is presented, you’re able to craft a clear go-to-market strategy that identifies the top growth opportunities for Canva as a whole to achieve it’s north star user growth and revenue metrics. You’re comfortable with data, and use it to inform your approach and validate your position.