WePay is seeking a Strategic Partner Manager, Payments to power our growth as the preferred payments partner for the platform economy. Are you an expert in acquiring and payments? Do you have a passion for originating, strengthening and leveraging the relationships that form the foundation of a product? Then the Strategic Partner Manager role might be perfect for you.
As a Strategic Partner Manager you will define the strategy for payments as well as manage key relationships that enable WePay to process payments. An intimate knowledge of payment processing details combined with a strategic vision will be essential to success.
This is a new position so you are going to focus on building and innovating, plus some optimization. You have to understand payment needs to craft best-in-classexperiences to delight our customers. At WePay you have the ability to learn about a broader span of payments and you will demonstrate that payments expertise across our organization. This role will enable you to build and utilize business development skills, product development skills, commercialcontractexpertise, relationship management skills, and operational process management.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Source, design and evangelize new business opportunities in the payments space with external partners and with the Chase organization.
- Build and manage relationships with partners, such as banks, processors and networks, around the world including management of commercial (business, product & performance) terms.
- Strong analytic background to analyze, influence and communicate key processing & performance metrics
- Inform, influence and support product design/management as well as operational processes as function of new relationships or new product implementations
- Educate and evangelize payments within organization
- Represent WePay at payment industry forums.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 8+ years experience in payments specifically in acquiring and bank payments
- Business development and Relationship management experience
- Grit and a strong bias for action
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a matrixed environment
- Excellent project management ability and communication skills