BigCommerce, the leading cloud commerce platform for fast-growing brands, is looking for an ambitious Partner Manager to join our growing team. The Strategic Business Development Team partners with best of class solutions that help enable growth for our customer base of over 55,000 merchants. In this role you will manage strategic partnerships with some of the world’s largest tech companies, setting the vision for how our merchants leverage digital advertising to grow their ecommerce businesses.
As a Partner Manager you will leverage your knowledge of online media, combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities to build and execute strategic plans that drive partner solution growth. You have a background in online media or ecommerce and an ability to communicate and collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders, including both internal and external senior executives. Most importantly, you are a gritty self-starter, with a proven track record of providing problem solving leadership and forging long-term strategic partnerships.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships by maintaining relationships with decision makers at the executive and management levels, with a focus on ecommerce advertising.
- Collaborate and lead cross-functional teams to develop go-to-market strategies and business plans for partner solutions and features.
- Work with partners to develop business success metrics, including specific KPIs that drive merchant adoption and revenue growth for both BigCommerce and the partner.
- Work closely with the BigCommerce Product and Client Success teams to perfect merchant experiences and support for partner solutions via the BigCommerce platform.
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience managing strategic partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field preferred.
- Experience within an agency or SaaS platform, driving adoption of product solutions with partners and clients.
- Advertising Acumen - You know how Search and Social marketing work, and you keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the ecosystem.
- Action Oriented - You have a passion for getting things done, carry out responsibilities with minimal direction, enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
- Master Communicator - You provide information to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting. Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical.
- Driven - You are bottom-line oriented, can be counted on to exceed goals, and are constantly pushing yourself and others for results.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.