Avalara is revolutionizing a fundamental business process most people never even consider - sales tax compliance. We've set our sights on being part of every business transaction on the planet. How's that for a big idea? We've been hiring non-stop since the day we opened our doors and dramatically scaling up our sales organization. Come join the Orange Revolution!
The Strategic Partner Manager – Direct Selling Industry is responsible for setting and leading our global strategy across all our Partnerships supporting the Direct Selling Industry. This position will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of programs to meet and exceed our revenue objectives. This role is a high impact role requiring collaboration across multiple functions within Avalara including Sales, Customer Loyalty, Marketing, Product and Business Development as well as with our International teams.
This is a senior role that is responsible for our overall strategy in the Direct Selling Marketplace that plays an integral role in the success of the overall sales team and company.
Some of the things you'll be doing include …
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to set the Go to Market Strategy for the Direct Selling Marketplace
- Manage programs to maximize net sales revenue across both new sales and add-on and upsell.
- Work directly with our Partner Certification and Partner Management teams to optimize our integration into the Partner's system and to provide ongoing enhancements to meet customer satisfaction requirements and introduce new product opportunities.
- Coordinate with our Business Development and Partner Launch team to recruit and launch new Partnerships within the Direct Selling ecosystem
- Work directly with our Partner Sales and Alliances Organization to develop channel marketing programs, training, collateral, etc.
- Represent Avalara in various industry events, conferences and associations in the Direct Selling Marketplace to ensure Avalara maintains its leadership position
- 10+ years of experience managing Strategic Partnerships with Software Integrators, Accounting Consulting firms or Software Publishers such as Oracle, SAP, Salesforce, Magento, Zuora
- Experience and exposure to the Direct Selling Marketplace is preferred
- Experience with building, developing and growing strategic Partnerships that deliver long term revenue growth and customer/partner satisfaction.
- Energy and Enthusiasm with a willingness to travel.
- Experienced. Bachelor's Degree with a technical or business focus preferred.