Google's line of products and services to clients never stops growing. Strategic Partner Managers have the rare opportunity to build a long-lasting relationship with our top partners. You cultivate these existing partnerships to make sure they can take full advantage of Google's ever-growing suite of offerings. You possess strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see mutually beneficial opportunities with partners in order to best represent our users, products and programs.
As a Strategic Partner Development Manager, you will make an influence on the growth of Google Assistant through partnerships. You will work with Product, Engineering, Marketing, gTech, and others to formulate a strategy that will allow us to meet ambitious goals with some of the largest OEM partners. Crucial to all aspects of the role - whether building the strategy, managing a partner through a complex situation, rolling out the marketing plans, or operationalizing your work - will be your ability to form strong and meaningful relationships, externally as well as internally. Success in this role means defining the top partner strategy, getting internal buy-in, managing those partners with integrations and marketing objectives, and scaling your impact.
Google's Global Partnerships team powers extraordinary user experiences through partnerships that solve users' needs, advance our partners' goals, and further Google's mission. Our team provides meaningful solutions - from helping publishers and developers grow their businesses through monetization solutions, to helping our long-term partners anticipate and navigate change in a way that delivers economic and reputational value. We build and distribute products through partnerships across a multitude of product areas, including Ads, Search & Assistant, Geo, Platforms & Ecosystems, Devices & Services, Health, Retail, Payments, Next Billion Users, and more. We collaborate across Google, ensuring a coordinated approach when engaging with our most complex and strategic partners.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant business development and operating experience, including 3 years of experience at technology platform companies.
- MBA and/or JD.
- Demonstrated success in negotiating complex agreements through execution. Ability to grasp complex technical and product concepts.
- Sharp strategy acumen, with significant experience using analytical insight and employing thoughtful structures to solve problems and communicate solutions.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, collaborative, and ambiguous environments. Entrepreneurial mindset, persistent execution, and an ability to form relationships.
- Comfort in escalating and presenting key issues and recommendations to senior leadership when appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate business, financial, and other points with internal and external partners.
- Manage a set of partners by cultivating, developing, and maintaining strong direct relationships. - Execute on involved and complex go-to-market plans with top partners that include product integrations and marketing plans. - Gather partner feedback, work with Product and the cross-functional team on implementing and operationalizing at scale. - Understand full scope of partners' product and go-to-market needs; provide partner feedback internally.