Google Cloud teams work with schools, companies, and government agencies to make them more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You help fellow sales Googlers by performing budgeting, planning, and analysis activities — and through your passion for the magic of Google products like G Suite and Chrome. Not only do you provide invaluable financial and budgeting input, but you also devise new ways for us to communicate with potential leads and bring them into the Google fold. Your insight means you excel at customer segmentation, acquisition, and retention. You combine clean communication with strong analytical skills and a solid commitment to providing customers with a Googley customer experience. You also peer into the future for us; you examine and analyze statistical data to forecast marketing trends and to identify potential new markets for Google Cloud.
As a Strategic Negotiator for Google Cloud Deal Operations, you will serve as a strategic business partner to Field Sales, driving managing consultation and accelerating agreement closure timelines while mitigating commercial and contractual risk across all Google Cloud products. Deal Managers combine market knowledge with tech industry savvy to discuss cost-effective solutions that support Google Cloud’s growth.
You'll ensure customers’ needs are addressed while minimizing Google risk and operational impact, and build and maintain relationships with Sales, internal cross-functional teams and customer consultants.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Partner with Field Sales teams early in the business cycle to drive proposal development and shape large, strategic, enterprise agreements.
- Project manage the consultation and execution of agreements and coordinate the preparation of responses to Requests for Information/Proposals/Quotations.
- Engage directly with enterprise customers to lead commercial and contractual consultations, independently handling objections, socializing customer requests with internal stakeholders, and coordinating approvals.
- Build productive relationships and feedback loops with teams to accelerate agreements and drive continuous process improvement and serve as the Commercial Operations business partner to Regional Sales and Sales Operations Management, attending forecast calls, staff meetings and business reviews to keep apprised of priorities.
- Introduce prospective customers to cloud concepts, norms and industry standards; Draft term sheets and provide customer facing analysis demonstrating value of the Google solution.
- BA/BS degree in Technology, Engineering, Science or Economics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience leading agreement consultation and management and/or experience in an executive sales role in a technology company.
- Experience developing agreements, project management and financial modeling.
- 15 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in project management, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive projects.
- Experience developing complex agreement structures and using presentation software to facilitate communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of commercial Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to present analytical findings
- Excellent business acumen and effective communication skills, with the ability to comfortably interact with and influence internal and external leadership.