Strategic Marketing Manager-Content
5 - 7 years experience • Real Estate & Construction
Developing branded content that engages our audiences and drives thought leadership is an important part of our marketing strategy at JLL. We are committed to creating both internal and external communications that deliver great value and promotes a branded point-of-view that is not overly promotionally. As the strategic marketing content lead, you will play a huge role in helping us refine our strategy and spread our message across Florida.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience developing, researching and writing content that can be utilized across a corporate platform of services. This is not a traditional corporate communications position; we are looking for a proactive journalist mindset with an understanding of creating content that supports our brand without being overtly promotionally driven. From the perspective of our external audiences, your content will be seen and read across all our channels: social, mobile, web, blog, video, PR and print.
The strategic marketing manager will also be responsible for internal communications for the Florida regional markets. To build the brand internally, this position will write content for internal business strategies, communicate internal news to the JLL staff in our Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando, Tampa and other Florida area offices, and will promote and market a variety of regional events. This position will need the flexibility in writing styles and tones to communicate with clients as well as internal audiences.
This position will write, edit and produce content in both short and long-form that will educate all audiences on the JLL brand. This position will employ journalistic techniques to produce trusted, high-quality content: identifying content ideas, conducting research, and interviewing both internal and external subject-matter experts. You will partner daily with JLL’s industry-leading research team on both the local and national levels. Also, the strategic marketing manager will need creative writing skills for the use in promotional materials for all audiences.
What this job involves:
- Create custom content to support JLL Florida’s marketing and communications plan
- Manage JLL Florida’s communications channels including Twitter, video, website, blog, email, PR and print
- Feed and sustain a strong relationship with our local and national research team, brokers, managers and business leaders
- Develop and manage communication plans for business service lines and key projects
- Develop a strong internal brand for the JLL Florida region that promotes our values of teamwork, integrity and excellence
- Serve as primary lead for all in-region media relations activities including acting as account lead for all external agencies and partners
- Collaborate with our business teams on strategies to promote our work, our people and our ideas
- Adapt and repurpose content across all channels to drive audience engagement
- Collaborate with marketing team members on the strategy and production of programs, events and campaigns that support our marketing and communications plan
- Help generate content as needed for new business pursuits and client engagements including property marketing materials where appropriate
- Act as content coach to business service line leaders
- Establish, monitor, analyze and communicate metrics for all communication efforts
- Be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direction to the satisfaction of internal clients
- Collaborate with JLL’s local and national marketing teams to share best practices, new ideas and deliverables
- Strictly adhere to workflow management and quality control methods required to produce quality work products
Sound like you? Before applying it's worth knowing what we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or related field
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in a related role
- Very strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of social media, digital and mobile content platforms and management tools
- High attention to detail and strong proofreading skills, as well as a good sense of design
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a team environment and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work with a wide range of personalities
- Willingness to explore new initiatives and approaches to writing, design and business development strategies
- A positive work attitude