Every immune system has a story to tell— the key is knowing how to listen. Our goal is to meaningfully improve people's lives by learning from the wisdom of their adaptive immune systems. It's a bold objective that we're uniquely built to achieve.
At Adaptive, you'll be challenged, you'll be inspired, and you'll be part of an innovative organization making a real impact on improving the quality of life globally. No matter what your role is, you'll find a diverse, team-driven, fun culture where your contributions truly count.
The Strategic Market Intelligence Director will be responsible for analyzing all addressable markets available to Adaptive from our immune medicine platform across all three of our business areas: Life Sciences Research, Clinical Diagnostics, and Drug Discovery. This individual with partner closely with the business leaders across the organization to size these markets, develop penetration models, assess competition, and contribute significantly to our forecasting models. This individual will work in a self-directed manner and manage multipledeadlines with minimal supervision, but will closely interact with the business leads, IR, corporate marketing, and finance.
- Develop and maintain robust global market models for Adaptive as a whole, each business area, and each product.
- Leverage insights from these models to support product/brand strategic decision-making as well as our financial forecasting and reporting.
- Recommend, design and execute cost-effective market research projects, as needed, globally
- Conduct competitive and market intelligence for existing products and pipeline indications
- Gather model assumptions from internal subject matter leads
- Build consensus for models internally; present to executive team
- Collaborate with FP&A and IR to assist with short and medium-term forecasts and guidance
- Develop expertise in product offerings and market dynamics and generate insightful analyses for key executives on an ad hoc basis
- Develop and maintain relationships with key members of the commercial and business development teams to capture relevant data points and knowledge required to drive further model forecast accuracy
- Create compelling presentations and effective communication of analyses and recommendations
- Support earning scripts and analyst calls
- Bachelors' degree required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years' experience in Financial Planning and Analysis and/or strategic analysis in healthcare (biotech, pharma, diagnostics, etc.)
- 3+ years' experience working in an investment bank or strategic consulting firm, or demonstrated knowledge of dynamic modeling in excel
- Strong analytical, modeling and quantitative skills required
- Strong attention to detail with focus on deliverable / analysis quality and accuracy
- Professional maturity and highly collaborative with ability to get to the best outcome
- Demonstrated ability to communicate assumptions and model functionality in a concise manner
- Life Science Tools and Diagnostics, a plus
- Platform / complex business unit reporting structure
- Fast paced, high growth technology or life science company