Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Strategic Initiatives Director will support the strategy team with system and regional initiatives that include market research, strategic planning, partnerships and other investments, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures. In this capacity, the Strategic Initiatives Director will support the assessment and implementation of these initiatives with leaders throughout the System.
- Supports the Chief Strategy Officer in planning, organizing and tracking progress of multiple initiatives and projects in Strategic Planning, Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures, Partnerships, development of new products or services, and development of materials for Board and Senior Leadership presentations and decision processes.
- Leads specific Strategic Initiatives as identified by the Chief Strategy Officer including developing effective and positive relationships with multiple stakeholders assuring successful implementation including managing timelines, resources and deliverables.
- Collaborates with other members of the Strategy Department as well as leaders throughout the system on various Strategic Initiatives as assigned.
- Gathers market-relevant data about current and projected community needs, competitors, and the physician community to inform strategic planning.
- Assesses potential investments to determine their impact on market share, volumes, pricing, staffing, and other costs. Develops forecasts of the short- and long-term financial impact.
- Supports the data collection, analysis, and reporting aspects of due diligence, to ensure a thorough understanding of the clinical, financial, and operating implications of transactions.
- Understands and communicates the key findings from the due diligence process to inform final transaction terms.
- Partners with Finance and Legal executives to ensure that all transaction documents accurately reflect the final terms of the transaction.
- Provides data and other information for key deliverables such as presentations to System Leadership and the Board of Directors to facilitate decisions about strategic initiatives and investments, including mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Develops project plans and supports the implementation of new initiatives, partnerships, and transactions consistent with organizational decisions and plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Five years of job relevant experience
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.