Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The program provides Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) core and non-core support in the areas of Cyber Security and Management to improve the Information Assurance (IA) posture of a National customer. The contracts Core Capabilities are: IA Management, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) coordination and reporting, Risk Management Framework (RMF) application, IA compliance measurements and metrics, Assessment and Authorization (A&A), Vulnerability Management, and Cyber Defense support.
The Strategic IA Planning Engineer provides support to the customer in the area of Cyber Security. Daily Tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Provides SETA support to the customer's Technical Director in the area of IA strategic planning
• Provides recommendations to improve customer's IA Management and cybersecurity control objectives
• Researches and recommends improvements in cyber programmatic oversight
• Provides strategic IA and cybersecurity analysis to drive improvements in the customer's cybersecurity baseline
• Provides risk assessments as it relates to cybersecurity
• Develops risk management plans against identified IA and cybersecurity risks
• Conducts studies and evaluations in the area of IA and cybersecurity to improve customer's cybersecurity risk posture
• Develops IA requirements and architecture based on analysis, customer plans and studies
• Supports the customer's IA strategic way forward by delivering products such as; gap analysis, architecture designs, CONOPs, technical and analytic reports and roadmaps
• Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
• Current U.S. Government Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
• Favorably adjudicated Counter Intelligence Polygraph
• DoD 8570 certification in IAT or IAM
• Experience writing IA requirements
• Experience developing IA strategic plans/roadmaps
• Familiarity with customer's IT architecture and Cybersecurity processes
• Strong analytic and risk management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Experience briefing senior customer personnel
• Ability to organize and prioritize numerous customer requests in a fast pace deadline driven environment
• Familiarity with the RMF process
• Self-starter requiring limited direction and supervision
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or an advanced IA certification (i.e. CISSP or CASP)
• Experience with Statistical analysis (primarily predictive)
• Experience supporting IC or DoD in the Cyber Security Domain
• Working knowledge of Microsoft tools; Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint