An employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North and South America, and Asia. For 125 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular people to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
The Strategic Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) proactively drives and supports the delivery of Human Resources services and solutions to designated business and acts as a single point of contact for employees and managers for employee relations situations. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this role serves as an advisor to business leaders with respect to employment activities and aides in the compliance of company policies and procedures. This role is a strategic thought partner who understands the business well enough to deliver customized talent solutions that are critical to achieving overall business goals. The HRBP will drive a strong culture of strategic and proactive HR business partnering in the areas of employee and leader development, performance management, total rewards, talent planning and talent acquisition, HR compliance, workforce planning, organizational change management, and more.
- Provide comprehensive HRsupport for aligned businesses including employee and leader development, performance management, total rewards, talent planning and talent acquisition, workforce planning, employee engagement and organizational design and change management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business trends and translate to proactive talent solutions that help drive business initiatives forward
- Collaborate closely with recruiters to provide forward and strategic thinking around organizational design and talent needs.
- Develop relationships with leaders and employees across the office to facilitate and promote an environment that attracts and retains diverse talent.
- Foster and champion The Scoular Company culture and ensure an inclusive approach to employee engagement and recognition.
- Align with other HRBP’s and centers of expertise to drive consistent programs and best practices, optimize Scoular resources and create best in class experiences for managers and employees.
- Provide expertise in conducting internal investigations and bring employment relation issues to resolution.
- Provide coaching and guidance to business leaders regarding performance management, disciplinary action and terminations. Conduct exit interviews and provide analysis of findings.
- Develop and execute other HR projects and initiatives as needed to support overall business strategies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of broad human resources programs and processes and basic employment law.
- 7+ years of progressive human resources experience.
- Post-secondary degree in Human Resources or related discipline.
- Ability to respect confidentiality of employee information.
- Strong customer service orientation and service leadership
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with business leaders and employees.
- Comfortable with conflict and strong conflict resolutions skills
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and actively champion and lead organizational change including organization design and structure changes
- Ability to influence and coach at all levels of the organization, including senior leaders.
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to establish appropriate metrics and use data effectively to analyze issues, anticipate trends and make decisions
- Ability to work independently and proactively identify, research and solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel as required (at times up to 25%)
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable)
- Agribusiness industry experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production facility environment
- Experience providing strategic HRpartnership to businesses in Mexico, South America, and Canada
- PHR, SPHR or CEBS professional designation.