About the Role
The Senior Principal will be a full-time permanent consultant helping to grow our Strategic FP&A practice. The Senior Principal will support our clients, private equity backed portfolio companies, by implementing strategic FP&A initiatives. The Senior Principal will facilitate proactive decision making through forecasting models and drive value with data and analytics during times of transaction and transition. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in data and analytics and a solid foundation in finance and accounting.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Provide complex financial planning and analysis to support clients; manage teams and multiple engagements simultaneously.
- Solution and effectively implement advanced reporting/financial model/forecasting tools and transition to client's internal team.
- Understand, model and forecast client performance drivers to support budgeting and strategic planning.
- Analyze, report on, and draw conclusions from data to provide client management with actionable business information.
- Work with clients to develop and improve financial and operational KPI monitoring.
- Work in Excel, database and reporting tools to effectively collect and analyze data for client deliverables.
- Utilize strong understanding of operational accounting and finance to provide valuable insight to clients.
- Contribution to internal practice development in the form of recruiting, marketing, business development, thought leadership and strategy.
- 7-10 years of experience in either (preferably both):
- Consulting/Advisory (preferably Big 4 or Big 3) with a focus on finance effectiveness, strategy and operations, analytics, performance improvement or technology
- Large company (preferably Fortune 500) Corporate FP&A or Sales/Ops Finance Analyst roles, rotational programs (with FP&A component)
- CPA, CMA, CFA or equivalent certification
- Competence using SQL to extract and analyze data
- Management responsibilities in a professional services environment
- Exposure working in or working with clients in multiple industries (e.g. manufacturing, distribution, healthcare, software/technology, retail, transportation, industrial, business services, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree required; Finance or Accounting concentration preferred but other degrees that might be successful include Economics, Math, Engineering, Supply Chain or Technology Related
- Strong working knowledge of finance/accounting concepts (e.g. deep understanding of financial statement mechanics, intermediate working knowledge of debits/credits accounting)
- Demonstrated ability to apply these finance/accounting concepts using general business acumen to help support analyses and decision making (e.g. financial statement analysis, variance analysis, financial ratio application, financial budgeting/forecasting, financial and operational reporting/analysis)
- Extremely strong Excel skills – comfort with advanced functions (nested logic, SUMIFS, text function, INDEX, MATCH, OFFSET, INDIRECT, array functions, etc.) is required; additionally, should be able to talk to experience building financial/analytical models from scratch using Excel.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- 7 years of experience in either Advisory or industry FP&A roles, with a minimum of 2 years in Consulting/Advisory
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Strong aptitude for technology (e.g. proven proficiency across multiple ERPs)
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs