The ideal candidate should have the ability to assess business objectives and opportunities – feeding the financial modeling of costs, synergies and upside – to support the business in making prudent decisions around investments and use of capital.
Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style.
- Provide financial insight and support for numerous business development initiatives within mobile, point of sale, digital goods, demand generation, new market entry, credit, etc.
- Work with Global Business Development and Corporate Strategy team on building business cases, financial models, pricing proposals and sales support to determine impact on business unit and company P&L.
- Collaborate with business units on major new ventures to construct and validate business case and assess impact on the business and company P&L.
- Leverage your own resources and PayPal’s Analytics teams to gain insight into current business and deals and provide thought leadership to relevant stakeholders.
- Support Corporate Development team with global M&A and investments from developing initial business cases and financial models to due diligence and integration.
- Work closely with Global Business Development, Corporate Strategy and Business Unit owners to ensure representation, input, and coordination among key finance functions.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 4-6 years of relevant financial modeling and analysis experience.
- Superior analytic capabilities with strong insight and understanding of how a business operates.
- Experience building and maintaining complex financial models, developing and using financial modeling tools & financial statement construction.
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in a way others can easily understand (both verbally and via email/PowerPoint).
- Versatile. Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities.
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic / professional experience (investment banking / management consulting / strategic finance) nice to have.
- Experience in high growth / payment industry preferred
- Highly accountable, with ability to independently lead and coordinate complex projects across multiple subject areas.
- Must be proactive, resourceful, and demonstrate intellectual curiosity to anticipate business needs.
- Skill and confidence in dealing with people at all levels of the organization.
- Exhibit the highest standards of integrity and be pleasant & fun to work with.
EDUCATION: Masters Degree or Equivalent
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.