You will have an opportunity to build your team over time and to grow into the functional lead. You will work collaboratively within the broader Finance Department and cross-functionally to improve the profitability, scalability and defensibility of our business model. This is a highly visible role within a growing and dynamic business. This position will be exposed to all critical functions of the business. The ideal candidate will be a data-driven individual with extensive financial modeling experience and an ability to drive sustainable impact across the organization.
- Annual Planning: Help the Finance Leadership to execute annual and multi-year financial plan development and implementation by collaborating with business leaders across the organization to align on targets and the budget needs to meet them.
- Forecasting & Budgeting: Maintain and improve the company-wide forecasting process, track performance versus plan and measure how resources are deployed. Lead monthly, quarterly and annual budget cycles, presenting results to senior leadership.
- Corporate Strategy & Finance: Provide analytical support on special projects including capital raising initiatives, acquisitions, business partnerships, new business lines, and other strategic initiatives.
- Investor, Lender and Board Relations: Assist in managing investor relations and preparation of Board level materials. • Business Partnership: Partner with other AppDirect team leads to help make financially sound and operationally efficient decisions on growth programs, pricing structures, unit economics, and other high priority projects.
- Sales Compensation: Partner closely with Sales Operations to advise on the design of the sales compensation program to align corporate and sales incentives, including maintaining and improving on sales compensation model to calculate commission payouts.
- Systems & Process Building: Continuously improve reporting frameworks, tools and processes to ensure access to timely, accurate and actionable data across company.
- Talent Development: Ability to attract, coach and retain top talent.
What you'll need:
- Experience: 6+ years of relevant professional experience in corporate finance / development role within a technology company (fast growing enterprise SaaS is a plus) and/or investment banking experience (technology focus is a plus).
- Technical skills: Strong Excel capabilities, with the ability to develop insightful financial models and quantitative analysis, paired with critical thinking and sound business judgment. SQL experience is a plus.
- System experience: Intimate knowledge of Anaplan is a big plus. Working knowledge and familiarity with other tangential systems feeding our financial and operating model is preferred: Salesforce, Workday, Netsuite, Greenhouse, Power BI.
- Eye for scale: Keeping finance best practices in mind as we mature from start-up to enterprise. Ability to build scalable, modularized, intuitive and automated financials models and supporting processes.
- Soft skills: Ability to eloquently distill and communicate complex topics broadly to the Board members, front-line team members and everyone in between. A proactive, positive attitude with a can-do, serviceoriented mentality.
- Entrepreneurial: Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, lean environment while not losing sight of the broader vision and opportunity.
- Indirect leadership: Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships, gain input and consensus from key stakeholders, and knowledge of how to motivate and organize teams behind shared goals and objectives.
- Discipline: Ability to balance multiple projects and tasks with various stakeholders while meeting deadlines on time sensitive projects.
- Precision: Sharp attention to detail with a natural feel for numbers and data whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Life-time learner: Acknowledgement of the importance of learning all day and every day, demonstrated by listen first mentality and strong desire to continuously improve through asking questions, working to uncover new insights, and adopting best practices.