The marketing team is searching for a motivated, energetic and detail-oriented events professional. The Strategic Events Manager will be responsible for planning and executing all that is related to Kyriba's internal sales events and other strategic corporate events and conferences throughout North America, as well as assisting with events in other regions around the globe.
Success in the position would translate into ability to work closely with executive, sales and partner teams. The ideal candidate is a results oriented team player that adapts to change and works well in a collaborative, extremely fast paced environment.
The Strategic Events Manager will work closely with the Marketing, Sales, Partner Marketing and HR teams to deliver on these goals, and will report to the Global Events Director. The position will be based out of Kyriba's San Diego offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for strategy, ideation, execution and follow-up associated with planning Kyriba's annual strategic events, including agenda management and coordination, internal communication, venue planning, budget management and reconciliation
- Manage speaker selection, content planning, and agenda coordination
- Work with the Global Events Director on various programs and initiatives, including the annual Kyriba Live Treasury & Finance Summit and Kyriba Glbal Sales Kick off.
- Strategic planning for Kyriba's Presidents Club, including site selection, venue and room block contract management, food and beverage planning, vendor relations, team travel coordination, activity planning and onsite logistics
- Planning and execution of other strategic internal events including executive advisory board meetings, CABs, and PABs
- Vertical events strategy and execution, working closely with the Events team leads globally
- Help drive enterprise, bespoke marketing programs like ABM, liaising closely with Field Marketing, Channel Marketing and strategic alliance partner teams
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality, Business, Communications, or related fields, business major a plus
- Minimum 5+ years in a similar position, working in a client and sales events management capacity for a fast growth technology or financial firm
- Masterful project management skills; capable of handling multiple details and deadlines simultaneously, and able to easily move between strategic and tactical work
- Demonstrated success planning large-scale corporate events and strategic programs
- Ability to work cross-functionally and cross-departmentally
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to creatively negotiate demands
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently with professionals from all levels of the corporate environment
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com or any other CRM system a strong plus
- 15% travel will be required