Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Commercial Strategic Events Manager is responsible for helping to develop and execute DISH’s event strategies across all business-to-business sales channels.
Individuals in this role will be responsible for understanding the customer and competitive dynamics of targeted vertical markets and, utilizing this knowledge, develop and implement event plans to maximize revenue, channel growth and market share.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Work with DISH Business leadership to develop and execute on a strategic event and communication plan to achieve growth.
- Execute creative and innovative event and communication plans in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to drive demand generation.
- Impact sales results by managing direct and indirect participation and/or sponsorship in tradeshows and events, including, booth execution, lead capture, pre- and post-event marketing.
- Provide ongoing evaluation of event performance to ensure profitable investment of resources.
- Coordinate with internal departments, including Marketing and PR, to identify opportunities to promote DISH Business in target vertical markets.
- Deliver positioning and messaging strategies based on key consumer insights to drive profitable sales and brand affinity.
- Execute integrated, multi-channel, marketing communication strategies to drive customer awareness, acquisition, and brand affinity with messaging specific to targeted verticals.
- Support creative executions including briefing, development, review and delivery with both internal and external partners, delivering against marketing intent.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Strategic Marketing and Events Manager will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or two years related sales experience and/or training; and four plus years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in developing and executing on national event strategies, emphasis on B2B sales efforts.
- Exhibit the core values of DISH – Pride, Adventure and Winning.
- Ability to effectively respond to and interact with all levels of organizational staff within the commercial department and across the DISH organization.