Our Strategic Enterprise Customer Success Managers are responsible for partnering with a small number of our largest and most valued customers, to help them successfully adopt our product (Udemy for Business), to continue to grow our footprint in the accounts, and in turn, ensure they meet their business goals. Most of the accounts in this portfolio represent both opportunity and risk, in that there is room to grow, and we need to ensure they see the value of their Udemy investment and continue to renew.
Critical to success in this portfolio is establishing relationships with senior level executives, ensuring that we have a clear understanding of how Udemy can help them meet their business goals. Key experience includes proven experience at managing, retaining and growing accounts with >$1m Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR), partnering closely with Sales to do so. You understand the complexity of managing stakeholders at large enterprises, and understand clients often convey multiple, sometimes conflicting perspectives - and that aligning our interests with theirs is often more art than science.
We love people! We build relationships with learning champions and executives. We can't wait to get onsite with customers. Internally, our team is close and loves to collaborate. We also put a ton of effort into building tight cross-functional partnerships with other departments at Udemy including Marketing, Product and Sales.
We are revenue driven. We own renewals and get excited when we identify an upsell opportunity. Our partnership with Sales is tight, and we share a joint passion for meeting and exceeding our goals.
We like going deep. We aren't yes people, order takers, or ticket triagers. We talk to our customers regularly and aren't afraid of getting our hands dirty. We use our consultative mindset to help our customers plan their learning strategy, deploy new programs, and measure success. In this role, we are also looking to increase our value in each account by expanding our license base significantly. Our customer base is growing quickly, and we leverage the experience and creativity of our team to create new ways to engage and delight our customers.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Proactively own and manage the success (adoption, renewal, growth, advocacy) of 5-7 of our most important, strategic Udemy for Business (UFB) customers
- Building a deep understanding of the "landscape" within each customer so that we're woven into the fabric of the customers strategic imperatives - developing trusted advisor relationships with key stakeholders, and ensuring we understand their business needs, our competitive positioning, potential risks, and leverage points
- Leveraging the most senior relationships you've built to engage with the client on advocacy events at the most senior level of the organizations
- Identify opportunities to grow the account, focusing on running expansion plays defined to uncover additional opportunities for Udemy partnership
- Develop individual success plans for each customer to ensure UFB adoption, expansion and retention
- Consult with customers on their internal learning and development strategy and challenge leaders to drive change across their organization
- Partner with the customer to create and implement internal promotion programs within customer organizations to generate awareness and drive usage of UFB
- Partner with Sales to develop an account strategy for each Enterprise customer to hit retention and upsell targets
- Onboard and train new customers. Partner with Solution Engineers to ensure successful project management and ongoing support of custom features and API integrations
- Be an expert on the UFB Platform, with a deep understanding of our technology and content
- Partner with marketing to develop customers for case studies and media opportunities
- Participate in the creation of internal and customer facing processes, programs and materials to improve the quality and efficiency of the Customer Success department
We're excited about you because you have:
- 7-8 years of B2B SaaS customer success, account management or consulting experience working with large, enterprise-level accounts (>$1m ARR)
- Proven ability to engage with senior executives in the Fortune 500 , and proven ability to develop and maintain relationships key to growth and risk management
- Experience working with HR/L&D customers would be a plus, but not required
Our Customer Success Mission
To empower all customers to achieve their business goals through learning so that Udemy is an indispensable resource, and to become a partner our customers adore. We will serve as strategic advisors and provide trusted support. We will be the voice of the customer internally and will foster strong cross functional partnerships. Our customers' success will be the engine that drives Udemy's success.
Our Customer Success Core Values
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We're a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy's culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Adds More than $1 Billion To Its Valuation in New Funding Round
Udemy's Workplace Learning Tool Just Surpassed $100M in ARR
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn't the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken