The 8x8 Global Services Team is seeking individuals with a proven track record of managing complex packaged software implementations, as well as success in developing a services business for cloud-based software companies. The Strategic Engagement Manager (SEM) is tasked with increasing the professional services & implementation pipeline, positioning and selling our packaged services offerings, and creating proposals and statements of work for prospects during the software sales cycle. The SEM will work closely with the direct sales organization, as well as with the implementation project managers and practice heads to promote, develop and ensure successful delivery of 8x8 deployment, training, and professional services. The SEM will be instrumental in meeting the professional services bookings goals of the company, and will be measured against attainment of those goals.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a visionary, entrepreneurial, and business savvy individual along with the following:
- Proven track record selling and positioning professional services
- 5-10 years experience planning, managing and/or implementing enterprise applications under a cloud-based SaaS model
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience of packaged software implementation methodologies.
- Strong industry experience in CRM, VoIP, collaboration, contact center, and/or analytics applications
- Fluency and passion around the benefits of implementing cloud-based technologies
- OUTSTANDING communication skills that include negotiation, presentation, writing, and relationship building skills at the executive levels of large organizations
- Experience being measured against financial targets
- Preferably, experience scoping, selling, and implementing UCaaS or CCaaS solutions, such as 8x8, Ring Central, InContact, Interactive Intelligence, Five9, Skype, Fuze, Vonage, or similar
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in a technical or business-related field
This position requires up to 50% travel on a national level. This SEM will report to the VP of Global Services. Preferably, the SEM will be based out one of 8x8’s major offices in San Jose, CA or New York, NY; however, qualified candidates based in other major cities will also be considered.
Job ID 2017-2230