Strategic Director, Team Lead
15+ years experience •
Strategic Director, Team Lead
Fishbowl is the industry leader in equipping restaurants to develop lasting relationships with their guests. Through its customer-relationship management platform, unparalleled analytics and best-in-class professional services, Fishbowl enables restaurants to better understand their guests’ behavior and preferences, develop contextual and personalized communications and create greater engagement so they can drive top-line, in-store growth. Our employees are forward-thinking, agile colleagues who work as part of a team to create industry-changing products and provide best-in-class results for our clients
The Strategic Director, Practice Area Lead will manage three important functions within the Strategic Services Team:
1. Strategy – Serve as the strategic lead across a portfolio of business.
Develop strategic engagements driven by a firm understanding of our clients’ needs and expert knowledge of multi-channel marketing, with a focus on email, SMS, loyalty and social. Strategic engagements will be expected to leverage quantitative and qualitative data to deliver predictable and measurable value to our clients, while supporting corporate financial business goals.
2. Team Leadership – Lead and inspire the team who is responsible for the delivery of strategic engagements that result in delighting our clients. A key part of the job is delivering on our mission of being the most sought after and trusted resource for strategic insights that drive results within the restaurant industry.
3. StrategicService Growth – Actively participant in the process of growingnew and existing accounts.Serve as a subject matter expert in support of thesales and account management teams with efforts ranging from client facing to supporting the different points in the BD process where digital strategy expertise is involved.
Areas of Impact:
- Grow the Strategic Services business area
- Develop well defined and scalable engagement models
- Increase quality of strategy work across clients
- Increase awareness of Fishbowl’s strategic expertise and engagements within the restaurant community
- Build, lead, and inspire a highly skilled team of marketing strategists
- Help enable higher client satisfaction levels
The ideal candidate will meet these criteria:
- 15+ years’ experience in strategic planning, with at least 8years of managerial experience
- Experience working in an agency setting and within the restaurant vertical is a plus
- Exudes curiosity and passion, especially about data, human behavior, and cutting edge marketing trends.
- Experience defining, building and managing strategic engagements including SLAs and performance tracking
- Experience across disciplines including CRM, loyalty, technology, social media, brand strategy
- Extensive, practical knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics, including customer experience planning, customer journey mapping and segmentation
- Strong problem solving, strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Able to translate client needs and expectations into innovating, strategic solutions
- Track record of partnering with creative, data science, technology, production, and client success to create integrated strategies that drive exceptional results
- Experience developing and writing insight-driven briefs and roadmaps that inspire action
- Experience building relationships with internal teams and clients
- Experience presenting to executive management
- Commands a room and shape outcomes with charisma and competence
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experiencerequired; Advanced degreepreferred.