The Strategic Development Manager supports the organization's strategic and long-range goal planning function. This individual will provide business development and capture support for Alutiiq’s Federal Services IT Solutions opportunities focused on software and systems engineering, security engineering, application integration and modeling and simulation. The Strategic Development Manager will foster relationships with potential teaming partners and agency stakeholders to target opportunities that support the strategic development initiatives and the long-term growth plans that align with the objectives of Alutiiq’s Strategic Business Plans.
- Defining long-term organizational strategic goals, building key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating business deals and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Working with the internal Strategic Operations team and Operational Managers to develop growth strategies and build a pipeline to increase and maximize revenue for the organization.
- Identifying potential new customers, assessing partner capabilities, selecting teaming partners, and developing long-term strategic relationships.
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams. Research may include analyzing market strategies, customer requirements, potential of success, financial implications; and evaluating options.
- Making fact-based decisions and following through to completion, analyzing and using data to achieve goals, driving execution, initiating action and follow-ups to successful completion, effectively demonstrating how solutions will solve customer problem(s), continuously conducting post call debriefs and performing pre-call strategies.
- Creating and sustaining ongoing forums that encourage two-way communication opportunities; demonstrates and promotes positive prospect, client, and work relationships; proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes; works to achieve constructive resolution.
- Representing Alutiiq to clients, peer organizations, and business associates.
- Preparing, presenting, and communicating a business case, with win strategies and concepts, to senior management to gain approval to pursue opportunities.
- Conducting competitive analysis to formulate strategies and messaging, and working with Strategic Support to develop winning proposals.
- Continuously managing administrative functions to ensure quality and timeliness, managing accurate and timely business development activity and performance reports, and maintaining accurate and complete opportunity and client database.
- Sets the foundation for teaming agreements and commits to Strategic Partnerships.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Candidate must have a proven and established record of accomplishment by winning and maintaining work.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development and time management.
- Candidate must have broad experienceworking with various agencies.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills
- Candidate must be a self-motivated, independent thinker that requires minimum supervision.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of personnel to develop relationships with existing and new customers in target markets, to foster strategic partnerships, and to facilitate cross-divisional collaboration.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a business development role with demonstrated experience in operational program management and strategic development specifically with the Department of Defense.
Job Location Bellevue, Nebraska, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code 3528-183