Under occasional, minimal supervision, leads critical aspects of the monitoring and analysis of credit portfolio performance data used in decisions relating to various Synovus loan strategies and company initiatives; supports regulatory and financialreporting requirements; works with Senior Credit Administration Leadership to provide meaningful input regarding portfolio analytics, which is often used to set policy and issue guidance. Serves as a leader and subject matter expert within the department, and is considered a go-to person for guidance and troubleshooting by other analysts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports credit portfolio analysis area, as well as Credit Administration, Corporate Finance, Investor Relations, Lines of Business, Audit, Investors, Ratings Agencies, Regulators, and other constituencies by providing timely and accurate reporting on assigned portfolios, lines of business, etc., to include ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Provides assistance in keeping reports relevant based on the company's strategic direction; may assist in developing new reports or analyses.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly and quarterly financialreports. These reports these fall under SEC and bank regulatory authority, and require accuracy and a thorough understanding of the reporting policies and guidance. Provides guidance to junior analysts based on knowledge of GAAP and regulatory requirements.
- Assists with maintaining databases, such as those used for credit reporting, for codes, and others as required.
- Interprets data from reports to provide analysis to management on trends observed within portfolios; this requires strong analytical skills, understanding of credit fundamentals, and strong communication skills. Works closely with credit line leaders to determine root cause of trends and assists with all analysis necessary to form credit guidance, policy, or risk tolerance. May communicate results with senior leadership, and must be able to fluidly discuss with and offer solutions to management.
- Leads the day-to-day activities of the Strategic Portfolio Analyst team. Trains and assists lower level analysts. May participate in interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, and/or appraising performance.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
ShiftFirstAlternate LocationMinimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6 years job-related experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to establish rapport, lead, train and mentor team members
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products, primarily including Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point; work experience with these products is required
- Financial and/or credit experience
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to observe all policies, procedures, laws, regulations, and risk limits specific to the role
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Previous experience leading a team.