As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for leading strategic cost initiatives across all elements of the New Glenn Program. This includes management of program cost opportunities/risks, development/implementation of cost estimation and DFX tools/processes, and identification of new technologies to reduce recurring costs. You will report to the Director of New Glenn Integrated Supply Chain Execution and will be accountable to key senior leaders across the New Glenn Program. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Develop and manage program cost opportunities and risks.
- Partner with Manufacturing and Supply Chain Strategy to inform supplier negotiations.
- Partner with internal advanced development teams and external suppliers to identify technology collaborations to reduce recurring costs.
- Identify and execute cost-down targets for the following New Glenn Elements:
- Glenn Stage 1
- Glenn Stage 2
- Mission Operations
- OLS and Kent Manufacturing and Test
- Establish a should-costing capability for New Glenn, including software deployment, developing and documenting business processes, and establishing a service center to provide cost feedback to the design and manufacturing teams. Conduct training on these tools/processes
- Plan and execute cost reduction initiatives across the enterprise to identify and drive implementation of cost savings.
- B.S. degree or higher in Mechanical, Materials, Manufacturing, or Aerospace engineering or B.S. degree in Economics/Finance plus 5 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience in cost management in preferably the aerospace, automotive, and/or manufacturing/engineering environment
- Experience developing complex estimating/pricing models and cost management tools
- Demonstrated track record of success in cost optimization
- Knowledge/understanding of a variety of manufacturing/aerospace processes and ability to evaluate and analyze associated costs
- Strong written, personal, and data analytics skills. Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately at the executive leadership level and on the shop floor
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Master’s in Business Administration, Cost Accounting, Supply Chain Management, or other related business field.
- Experience working with aerospace suppliers and subcontractors.
- Former consulting experience
- Project Management certification (PMP/Certified Project Manager) or Program Management Office (PMO).
- Earned Value Management (EVM) experience.