- Apply your deep knowledge of the field, strong reputation in the community, and demonstrated strategic leadership in developing future directions to further decades of strategic communications research and advanced capability development.
- Provide leadership and expertise to assist over 200 engineers and scientists in developing innovations in communications capabilities.
- Provide thought leadership and technical expertise in the advancement and application of critical capabilities supporting strategic enterprise networks to include mission assurance, cyber operations, cyber vulnerability analysis, digital and mission engineering, decision support, data analytics, and situational awareness. Lead multiple, simultaneous research and development projects.
- Provide technical leadership in helping the sector build a coherent vision and supporting strategies, and executing them to deliver critical contributions.
- Develop strategic alliances with key sponsors in the defense, intelligence and government communities.
- Serve on national level boards to help advance national security.
You meet the minimum qualifications for this position if you have:
- An M.S. in a technical discipline such as computer science, mathematics, physics or electrical/computer engineering.
- At least 20 years of related computer or information security experience at a strategic level.
- Demonstrated strategic thought leadership with systems engineering experience and the ability to integrate ideas from multiple disciplines.
- Recognized expertise in information technology.
- Deep knowledge of the NC3 and NLCC communities.
- A proven track record of delivering results in new concept development.
- A commitment to assuring national security missions.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills and experience in effectively communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Hold an active Top Secret security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You’ll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have:
- A Ph.D. in a technical discipline such as computer science, mathematics, physics or electrical/computer engineering.
- Ten+ years of experience in strategic communications leadership positions, such as senior scientist or technical director, or military/government leadership positions in planning or execution of nuclear and/or strategic missions.
- Previous experience working with government, intelligence community and DOD sponsors.
- Experience in leading and setting strategic direction.
- Previous success in creatively addressing hard, real-world problems and delivering results.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph.