$80K — $100K *
The Commodity Manager will be responsible for the execution of strategies for nominated commodities supporting the company's procurement objectives. The Commodity Manager will provide guidance and support for our regional strategic Buyers/Senior Buyers and assist Regional Commodity Leader in setting priorities and ensuring our regional team are able to deliver against agreed objectives. Will manage & develop supplier relationships and also internal relationships with key stakeholders to ensure we are supporting objectives at site, division & group level wherever possible.
• Develops and executes commodity strategies for allocated sites, ensuring alignment of all sites, creating a competitive sourcing environment delivering appropriate capacity, capabilities and performance which support our business objectives.
• Manages source change & sourcing activity from idea generation through to FAI approval & production handover adhering to agreed processes and resolving issues that arise in an effective and timely manner
• Works with the regional team and in alignment with wider commodity teams to ensure successful execution of strategic KPI’s
• Develops and negotiates contracts as required and manage enforcement of contractual obligations with suppliers within allocated commodities.
• Carries out supplier research, evaluation & selection and to continually strengthen our supply base and ensure we are matching opportunities with appropriate suppliers.
• Responsible for development of strategic relationships with our key suppliers and ensuring levels of engagement are appropriate to drive progress against agreed objectives.
• Support divisions/sites within assigned region in delivery of annual cost, quality & delivery objectives for assigned commodities for preferred and recommended suppliers
• Engages with allocated sites within assigned commodities to ensure resourcing/sourcing of products aligns with agreed strategies, providing support to the regional commodity team & sites as required.
• In assigned commodities/sites, manages risk within the supply chain through commodity knowledge, supplier capabilities and financial health.
• Supporting resolution of cost, quality and delivery issues within the site & regional team
• Operates effectively in a matrix organisation, ensuring alignment across divisions/commodity & working collaboratively with site teams to deliver wider business objectives
(Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
5+ years of experience in similar strategic procurement role is preferred
Travel: up to 25%
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities List
• Demonstrated capability/experience in an strategic procurement role
• Ability to implement a commodity strategy, covering all aspects such as cost/quality/delivery etc across multi sites
• Advanced negotiation and contracting skills
• Sound business and financial acumen and confident dealing with senior stakeholder
• Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations
• Experience managing transition of source change through to FAI approval and production handover
• Ability to operate in a highly matrixed organisation
• Strong project management and prioritization skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders and ability to influence.
• Candidates need to be fluent in English language (written & verbal)
• Demonstrates a high level of ethical behaviour in exercising judgment and discretion in matters of significance
• Strong prioritization skills
Valid through: 1/22/2022
$150K — $200K *