As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will help build the foundation of a company that is doing things for which no blueprint exists. This position is responsible for effectively managing and implementing strategies, performance, and relations with critical aerospace suppliers. You will work alongside a team of managers, engineers, buyers, and software developers. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Provides strategic leadership in the evaluation, sourcing, and development of the metallic machined parts commodity supply base to support the development and production of space vehicles.
- Participates in use and improvement of databases to guide sourcing activity and capture supplier status, history, criticality, operational performance, and known issues.
- Works with program stakeholders to identify long lead procurement requirements and gaps in supply base capabilities.
- Evaluate suitability and stability of current and potential suppliers with regard to financial health, staffing, quality, throughput, technical capability, and reputation.
- Coordinate with Supplier Quality Engineers to lead suppliers through the resolution of discrepancies or schedule delays, including corrective and preventive actions and recovery plans.
- Identify opportunities to leverage existing supplier relationships, obtain price/cost reductions, rationalize/consolidate the supply base, secure favorable long term agreements, maintain alternate supplier options, and support long term supplier relationships.
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop strategies for obtaining first time quality throughout the supply chain.
- Leads supplier negotiations on complex procurement contracts to achieve the lowest total cost, while ensuring requirements related to technical performance, quality, delivery, and service are met.
- Conducts periodic supplier business reviews to communicate supplier performance to internal and supplier management teams.
- Conducts site surveys and business evaluations of existing and potential suppliers, and participates in supplier quality audits, and resolution of corrective actions with suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field
- 7 years minimum experience in managing complex metals machining supply chain processes
- Extensive knowledge in machine shop management, CNC machine capabilities, and supplier capability across the U.S.
- Experience developing and managing an Approved Supplier List
- Experience with AS9100/ISO9001 quality requirements
- Must be able to travel 50% of time
- Experience in sourcing on both development and production programs
- Experience with different types of contracting vehicles such as Long Term Agreements
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and independently
- Strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field
- Machined part cost estimating experience
- CPM, CSCP certification or equivalent
- ASQ quality engineer certification
- Six sigma/lean process improvement experience
- Experience with FAR/DFAR requirements and commercial programs