As a Strategic Cloud Engineer, you will be the named Google engineer working with the most strategic cloud customers. You will ensure that the experience building and maintaining applications in Google Cloud Platform is amazing. You are responsible for rapid and accurate resolution of technical challenges, lead implementations and integration of custom features. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering to build and constantly drive excellence in our products.
Together with the team you will support customer implementation of Google Cloud products through: architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, and much more.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s globalnetwork, web-scale data centers and softwareinfrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes usetechnologyto connect with customers, employees and partners.
- Be a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Cloud technical challenges.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Travel regularly (up to 30%, although we also frequently use video conferencing) in-region for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with any of the following: distributed compute environments, application development, mobile development, big data analytics, cloud computing including virtualization, hosted services, multi tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems and content delivery networks.
- Experience working in customer-facing technical roles.
- Working knowledge of container technologies (such as Kubernetes, Docker), services, and API models (like Swagger, OpenAPI)
- Hands-on experience with cloud storage solutions, SQL/NoSQL datastores, and/or distributed computing technology (like MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop, Redis, Elasticsearch/Solr)
- Experience with scalable networking technologies (such as Load Balancers, Firewalls) and web standards (like as REST APIs, web security mechanisms).
- Hands-on experience in big data, information retrieval, data mining or machine learning as well as experiences in building multi-tier high availability applications with modern web technologies (such as Hadoop, NoSQL, MongoDB, Spark, Tensorflow).