Revenue Cycle (RC) is the name adopted to reflect the employees who work throughout the organization in revenue cycle systems and structures in support of our ministries and operations in all markets. RC’s objective is to ensure our core strategy, One Ministry Committed to Excellence, is delivered along with the enhanced overall patient care experience (know me, care for me, ease my way) by providing a robust foundation of services, operational and technical support, and the sharing of comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized revenue cycle expertise.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Represent RC on local executive leadership committees to help ministries move to common standards and practices, while providing input back to RC on ministry needs for variation and best practice.
- Establish relationships with chief executives in assigned markets. Provide revenue cycle guidance during strategic initiative discussions.
- Participate in regular meetings with chief executives to discuss revenue cycle performance metrics and local initiatives.
- Provide local contact for ministry issues and concerns related to RC. Work with RC leadership to resolve and assure the resolution is communicated timely to the ministry.
- Engage with ministry or regional planning that would require approval through Growth & Expansion. Provide input related to revenue cycle topics or engage system resources for input in preparation of G&E requests. Attend weekly G&E meetings when relevant to ministry projects.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate, other information.
- Participate in professional activities and affiliations to maintain knowledge of trends and changes in the health care environment.
- Demonstrate service excellence and positive interpersonal relations in dealing with others, including patients/families/members, employees, managers, medical staff, volunteers, vendors and community members, so that positive relations are maximized.
- Consistently demonstrate and incorporate principles of safety and infection control into daily activities as outlined in Environment of Care, Infection Control, and Exposure Control manuals and department safety policies/procedures. Maintains knowledge of work-appropriate aspects of environment of care programs complies with policies and reports unsafe conditions. Successfully completes Environment of Care HealthStream modules in the required time frames and participates in fire drills and emergency exercises.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, health care administration or equivalent education/ experience.
- Eight (8) years of overall experience.
- Six (6) years’ progressively responsible experience in healthcare administration/operations with an emphasis on management, business or account management in a leadership capacity.
- Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data.
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Commitment to organizational goals.
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification upon hire.
- Proven PC proficiency in MS Windows and Office applications.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Ability to build and sustain relationships across multiple disciplines and geographically dispersed departments to assure timely and cooperative problem resolution.
- Experience facilitating group session
- Epic experience