Role Value Proposition:
Take part in defining the future of National Life Group. Drive strategic analyses in support of senior leadership team decision making. Interact with top leaders in the organization. Create opportunities for National Life and your own career.
Reporting to the VP Strategy and Business Development, the Strategic Business Opportunity Consultant will be part of an internal team responsible for driving the creation, communication, and continuous development of National Life Group’s business strategy, market development and business process improvement.
This is a high-impact position requiring creative and innovative approaches. We are seeking a hands-on candidate able to take responsibility for special projects from conception to completion. The ideal applicant will be results-oriented, confident in making on-the-spot decisions, and the will thrive in an environment with lots of variety.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Contribute to the deployment and continuous advancement of corporate strategy. This includes the monitoring, updating, and refining of current strategy and shaping the allocation of investments and talent to initiatives consistent with strategy.
- Monitor and help communicate external developments and their potential implications to National Life Group strategy including analysis of macro environmental, customer, industry and competitor trends that will shape the insurance and financial services marketplace. Help incorporate those insights into our competitive strategy.
- Help identify, analyze and prioritize potential new business opportunities for the company including potential new markets, distribution and business models. Develop analyses and formal business cases, as needed.
Assist the AVP Process Improvement to formulate and implement process improvement strategies working in collaboration with business leaders.
On an as needed basis, participate with business leaders and experts in due diligence efforts leading to potential mergers or acquisitions
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3-4years of business experience, ideally with exposure to financialservices and work experience in the areas described above under “Specific Responsibilities Include”. Experience in any of the following will be highly valued: business development, M&A, life insurance and/or retirement services or startup or VC/PE (in Financial Services, FinTech, InsurTech).
- Strong analytical background a must. Ability to structure and break down problems, organize and lead problem solving sessions, create compelling communications materials.
- Possessing humility, with the ability to “check the ego at the door” and highly collaborative and engaging. Working as a member of a small team, willingness to “roll up the sleeves” and conduct the work a must.
- The ability to interface with employees at all levels of the organization.
Ability to set and achieve goals while working well under pressure.
Commitment to professional growth and development in the financial services industry.
Expert computer skills, including Microsoft Office Power Point, Word, Excel, Access, graphics and other relevant software.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Finance required from a leading college or university required. An MBA or equivalent experiencepreferred.