Responsible for generating and growing new business opportunities for large strategic accounts as well as fulfilling account management needs. Manages the entire customer relationship and serves as the single point of contact for customers.
- Business Development
- Formulates and executes business development strategies around retention of existing clients, customer satisfaction, revenue growth and new business.
- Develops relationships within high profile/high volume accounts including key decision- makers (C level executives).
- Manages a robust pipeline and accurately forecast new business closure rate and revenue booked.
- Responsible for generating leads and managing the sales process in order to convert new clients.
- Identifies and solicits cross-selling opportunities.
- Participates with other key account managers and sales management to develop sales strategies for national accounts and helps identify target accounts and opportunities
- Plans, directs, and controls sales and marketing activities to continually reflect customer trends, market fluctuations, and changes in business practices/technology.
- Client Services
- Manages all activity around client relationships and leads the entire process of asset gathering, including long term relationship maintenance and development
- Leads the strategic direction of the account by establishing and articulating account growth and client satisfaction goals in relation to client expectations.
- Performs client renewal, contract revision, and client service instruction preparation for complex programs.
- Resolves all major customer service issues.
- Monitors competitive activity in each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and communicated.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPCU, AIC and/or ARM or other related designation preferred
- 8-10 years of professional experience in: business development, management consulting, insurance, financial services, business strategy or a related field
- Direct experience in selling situations involving negotiation, either direct sales or other sales-like functions (eg business development involving contract negotiation)
- Proven track record in meeting/exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- A strong record of success managing and achieving sales goals within a team selling environment.
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships
- Ability to manage business expectations and resolve concerns, by communicating status and issues
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues