What you’ll be doing…
As the Strategic Business Development Director, Public Sector Canada, you'll be responsible for leading Tableau’s efforts to increase customer awareness, shape and influence the acquisition of Tableau products and services within the Public Sector segment. You will work with the account management and partner teams and will be responsible for designing and implementing go to market strategies, scaling the business development acumen within the sales culture, and building out multi-year pipelines for Tableau’s DoD business. You’ll also develop and manage acquisition and proposal strategy, working with proposal and contract management resources to influence, respond to, and win various RFX (e.g., RFI/RFQ/RFP/BAAs) for customers and Tableau partners. Finally, you’ll be a customer advocate at heart, deeply understanding our customers’ missions and challenges and helping Tableau and its partners to align around our customers’ needs.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Develop and implement multi-year go to market strategies working with the Federal account teams.
- Build robust, multi-year pipelines of Tableau opportunities within Canada's Public Sector through direct interactions with existing and prospective customers, as well as through a wide range of industry forums and procurement resources.
- Design and implement capture plans for specific opportunities to include partner strategies, acquisition approach, and proposal solutions
- Rapidly and successfully close business and build out vital processes and procedures to optimize speed and scale.
- Maintain deep understanding of Tableau’s platform and speak with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs.
- Serve as a thought leader with respect to program pursuit, proposal responses, win themes, ROI/TCO analyses, technical discriminators, innovative business solutions (including cloud-based implementations), and pricing.
- Recruitment: Tableau hires company builders; employees are expected to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are…
- Experienced. Minimum of 10 years’ experience in public sector strategic business development and/or capture roles (minimum of 3 years’ focus within the Public sector) with proven record of developing and winning large programs for technology focused contractors. Ability to obtain and maintain relevant personnel security clearances. Knowledgeable about government procurement guidelines, processes, and common government contracting vehicles.
- Strong Communicator. Ability to communicate effectively across the experience / management spectrum, translate between technical and non-technical teams, and can empathetically communicate a customer’s needs to internal Tableau teams.
- Entrepreneurial. Ability to understand and translate customer problems into opportunities for Tableau and its partners to assist with.
- Energy and Enthusiasm. Demonstrated creativity with customer engagement and problem solving.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.