Responsible for the business development and capture management of all Lifecycle Logistics efforts for JB Management, Inc. (JBM), including business development lifecycle, identification, qualification, pursuit, capture, tracking, teaming strategies, color reviews and proposal development on prime and sub DoD and commercial contracts. This position reports directly to the CEO and serves as a key contributor to JBM’s leadership team; and contributes to overall strategy and growth planning. More specifically, this position will focus on increasing JBM’s market share in the areas of fielding, sustainment and training support for a broad spectrum of radars and sensors.
The candidate will have a strong network of contacts and familiarity with the major program and upcoming requirements/initiatives within Defense and other market sectors. The candidate must be a self-starter who can cite a history of competitive wins on key programs in the greater logistics market. While it is expected that the final candidate will have established relationships and credibility with key government decision makers, the candidates must also have the knowledge and experience to lead the company through the entire capture/sales process.
- Develop and capture new business opportunities working all phases of the business development lifecycle: identification, qualification, pursuit, capture, pre-proposal readiness, proposal management, color and gate reviews.
- Qualify opportunity, establish customer relations, build the right proposal team, and develop win strategy based on customer and competition research.
- Organize and lead Prime and Subcontractor proposal efforts on variety of large and small proposals. Identify team members, negotiate Teaming Agreements, and organize proposal effort. Manage all capture requirements from inception to submission to include development and presentation of all gate review briefings.
- Develop capture strategy to include teaming relationship over a wide spectrum of opportunities across all Division Business Unitsaligned with the JBM Strategic Plan guidance.Work with capture teams to identify best team fit, both as a subcontractor and prime, for specific opportunities and achieve beneficial teaming agreements for opportunities.
- Ensure capture teams utilize a defined capture process with appropriate gate reviews and bid/no-bid decisions along with color team reviews (i.e. red team, black hat reviews) and price-to-win analysis for major, must win opportunities.
- Develop and improve processes, report metrics, manage risk, and effectively drive growth within the targeted markets to achieve specific annual growth objectives.
- Maintain current working relationship with existing customers.
- Build long-term business relationships within and across industry and government partners.
- Lead the strategic planning process and ensure that appropriate analysis is conducted which includes competitive market analysis, internal review of SWOT, and the categorization of opportunities.
- Write proposal sections to include: executive summaries, quality assurance plans, risk management plans, management, past performance, and resumes.
- Develop robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Hold regular new business reviews with the staff to review orders forecasts, the new business pipeline and key capture status.
- Some travelrequired.
- Self-motivated, energetic and possess keen sense of personal accountability
- Demonstrated knowledge of contracting within relevant Defense communities
- Strong and established customer/partner relationships within military and commercial radar and sensor markets
- Proven and sustained track record of success identifying, qualifying, pursuing, and winning business within relevant marketspaces
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven success building winning teams to pursue and win business
- Thorough understanding of the Federal procurement process
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple client contacts in a self-driven environment
NON ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Previous military experience
- Experience within the UAS, Counter-UAS marketspace
- Experience with the Army and/or Marine Corps ground-based combat systems and supporting C4ISR networks
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degreeor equivalent in engineering discipline, math, physics, or physical science desired. Also desired: MBA or M.S. in technical or management discipline; acquisition certification; experience working with Army programs and systems.Experience and successful record of developing capture plans and teams for new business opportunities.
- 8-10 years of business development experience, with demonstrated success in capture management and business development.