What you’ll be doing...
The Strategic Business Development Executive is responsible for executive level positioning and the selling of new Verizon products and services into multi-national client. You are aligned to one high value existing enterprise customer in the media/entertainment vertical and will utilize strong sales methodology, prospecting and networking skills to identify complex strategic, solution-based sales opportunities and pursue them to generate business outcomes for to the customer.
You will own the sales process, from prospecting through close, for new products and services within your assigned customer.
- Uncovering and developing senior C-level executive relationships within assigned accounts.
- Partnering with the Account Manager on the development of the Strategic Account Plan, which is shared with customers to align new products and services to agreed-upon business outcomes.
- Developing and implementing opportunity pursuit plans based on customer and industry analysis, which includes preparing executive profiles and continuously studying industries, business challenges and trends.
- Creating proposals with a clear value statement, dealing with economics and customer benefits while coordinating with PCM to price and shape sales proposals.
- Responding to qualified request for information, request for proposal, and request for quotation.
- Articulating client business value with outcome-based selling approaches, through proposals and oral presentations
- Understanding the delivery implications of consulting opportunities and selling solutions that Verizon can deliver.
- Operating independently to build a successful sales pipeline/channel, but also collaborating and engaging with colleagues and technology partners when appropriate.
- Understanding key partner and competitor offerings which overlap the Verizon solution space.
- You will refer leads for renewals and migrations to the Account Manager or Customer Service, as appropriate.
- Up to 25% travel with a personal vehicle will be required.
What we’re looking for...
You Will Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- 6+ years selling large, strategic telecommunication/technology solutions to F100 accounts.
- Demonstrated experience selling complex solutions to Media and Entertainment clients
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to drive.
Even Better If You Have:
- A Bachelor's Degree
- Ten or more years of experience selling into the Media & Entertainment Vertical
- Ten or more years of successful strategic/solutions and/or systems integration sales experience, or related discipline.
- Ability able to manage, lead and influence others outside of their department/functional area at a senior level.
- Deep understanding of the fundamentals of outcome-based selling and how to leverage relevant tools to improve sales.
- Experience and comfort in selling to large/global Media and Entertainment clients.
- Proven track record in consultative or outcome-based selling.
- The ability to cultivate new complex relationships and new business opportunities.
- Outstanding knowledge/understanding of the customer’s environment as it relates to their specific sector.
- Being able to identify sector trends and drivers, understand key applications that solve business problems in a sector, and deliver solutions that meet customers’ specific needs/requirements.
- An intimate understanding of the customer’s business, inclusive of financial business cases that deliver value to the business through a compelling ROI and/or TCO model.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Highly developed understanding and active application of effective negotiation techniques with a focus on achieving a mutually beneficial “win-win” situation.