Strategic Business Developer - Powder Metals / Industrial Applications
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter’s high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter’s wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing.
- Engage high-value or high growth potential OEMs and powder metal users to convey Carpenter's value proposition, identify solutions to their key needs, and influence their material procurement process.
- Assess end customers' technical and business requirements in powder metal selection to inform Market decisions and generate leads with their supply chain providers using various technologies or processing (e.g. additive manufacturing and 3D printing, metal injection molding, welding, cladding, brazing, thermal spray, hipped products).
- Create customer plans for large, existing accounts or potential growth accounts
- Expand the global footprint (customer base) within targeted growth areas using powder metal
- Build relationship with key procurement decision makers
- Understand technical and business drivers that influence materials selection for their products and components
- Convey value proposition of Carpenter powder metal alloys
- Use business relationships and market intelligence to influence end users' supply chain decisions, in particular the use and procurement of powder metal mill-grade materials
- Communicate market intelligence to Market Leads and Business Units
- With sub-market leads and new product development, identify future unmet needs for customers and design new alloys to meet them
- With Marketing, develop or contribute to marketing communications with technical knowledge, best practices, product reference guides and demonstrations
- Strategically minded, assesses our value proposition application to market
- Engage proactively with customers Collaborate cross-functionally throughout Carpenter organization as needed
- Striving for growth
- Relies on data and analytics to guide business decisions
- Four-year college degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering/Science. MBA preferred
- 5+ years of marketing / sales experience.
- 5+ years of powder metal sales / customer support
- Advanced knowledge of sales / marketing principles – especially with a focus on the nuances of direct and distribution sales.
- Advanced knowledge of sales process (how we sell) and forecasting.
- Advanced knowledge of Carpenter’s powder metal market segments / industries.
- Demonstrated leadership ability; sets high expectations for performance.
- Direct, candid and mature interpersonal skills.
- Trustworthy and able to influence others.
- Willingness to offer a dissenting opinion before final decisions is reached.
- Innovative problem-solving skills, including motivation to discover "Win-Win" outcomes whenever possible.
- Ability to successfully coordinate internal and external resources.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Good business judgment and decision-making skills.
- Disciplined results orientation.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Strong verbal presentation and business writing skills
- Ability to travel 80% - Location is Remote / Field Based
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.