Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter’s high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter’s powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including additive manufacturing and 3D printing.
- Develops competitive market research to identify qualified leads as well as opportunities for M&A or adjacencies.
- Support the growth and development of global business through solution selling.
- Creates go-to market strategy for segments of responsibility.
- Builds relationships with key technical (Senior/C-Level Engineering/Research & Development) decision makers outside of the organization.
- Understand technical and business drivers that influence materials selection for their products and components
- Convey value proposition of Carpenter products and powders to segment of responsibility.
- Responsible for growth of global customer base across industrial, infrastructure, specialty welding and tool/cutting segments.
- Communicate market intelligence to Market Leads and Business Units.
- With sub-market leads and new product development, identify future unmet needs for customers and identify new products.
- With Marketing, develop or contribute to marketing communications with technical knowledge, best practices, product reference guides and demonstrations
- Strategically minded, assesses our value proposition application to market
- Engage proactively with customers
- Striving for growth
- Relies on data and analytics to guide business decisions
- Four-year college degree, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of business development/account management/business analytics/business intelligence experience.
- Advanced knowledge of developing market intelligence and strong understanding of how to tell a story with data.
- Knowledge of sales process and forecasting.
- Self-Starter with strong personal drive and sense of initiative.
- Experience presenting to C-Suite
- Direct, candid and mature interpersonal skills.
- Trustworthy and able to influence others.
- Willingness to offer a dissenting opinion before final decisions is reached.
- Innovative problem-solving skills, including motivation to discover "Win-Win" outcomes whenever possible.
- Good business judgment and decision-making skills.
- Disciplined results orientation.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to travel 80% of the time globally