Responsible to establish and/or expand strategic relationships and trust with Dealer ownership and executive management to influence adoption of Ricoh value add approach in the market. Influence a solutions-oriented approach to differentiate and grow Ricoh business share and ROS with the largest and/or Mega dealers in assigned territory. Significant travel for onsite interaction to conduct dealer negotiations, joint business planning, sales meetings and customer account calls. Each SBC will have approximately five (5) dealers with 15-30 locations and 100-175 sales reps, producing $22M-$30M in revenue and $4M-$6M in ROS per year for Ricoh. Lead joint planning process and thought leadership in developing detailed strategic business plans with senior Dealer executives to drive Ricoh initiatives in partnership with Dealer business goals and capabilities. Lead collaborative business discussions with Dealer major account management in specific targeted accounts to maximize Ricoh services/solutions which address customer needs. Demonstrate, differentiate and promote Ricoh hardware and software solutions portfolio to condition and influence dealer salesforce and dealer go to market strategies. Monitor dealer business viability, succession plan and acquisition risk to determine contingency planning. Plan and manage Dealer Division market team activity and facilitate resources from adjacent Ricoh groups to deliver effective solutions support to achieve territory gross profit growth targets which grow Dealer profitable revenue. Manage Ricoh's interests in the market, including channel conflict, dealer service of Ricoh accounts, and contractual compliance.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve or exceed assigned (hardware, aftermarket, PS-software) gross profit targets and market share objectives by effectively influencing and selling Ricoh portfolio offerings through the demonstration and delivery of Ricoh's solutions-oriented value, and development and execution of detailed business plan strategies with dealer alliance partners.
- Lead the initial design, joint development with senior dealership (owner) leadership, and ultimate execution of the dealer business plans with consistent improvement year to year. Ensure business plans are designed based on data driven parameters and address Dealer's key challenges, improvements and technology footprint providing a clear differentiation between RICOH and competition
- Lead customer-facing interaction with Dealers including account presentations, account planning, proposals, reviews and best practices. At least 75% of schedule should be dedicated to face-to-face dealer sales and business strategy meetings and dealer customer-facing presentations selling strategic solutions to complex customer business needs
- Demonstrate comparing and contrasting Ricoh products with competitive technology in order to provide a Ricoh solution to meet Dealer's business needs and position Ricoh as the trusted partner with Dealer strategic initiatives and business processes.
- Effectively market and manage dealer compliance to Ricoh Aftermarket sales requirements for supplies and parts. Lead team initiatives with Dealer Division Service organization to assist Dealers in the development of service organizations committed to effective support of Ricoh products. Ensure that Dealers' are adhering to all contractual requirements, including those related to aftermarket purchases.
- Provide subject matter expertise, and timely resourceful response to assigned Dealers in coordinating Ricoh resources to meet the requirements of the Dealer with the pre and post-sale solutions processes.
- Track all appropriate activity and pipeline via Ricoh CRM. Provide market intelligence, sales reporting, win/loss data, and planning inputs to Ricoh management as requested
- Contribute at a leadership level to ConvergX, trade shows, exhibits, open houses, products demos and customer training sessions
- Manage growth programs and promotions, sell-through strategies and coordinate region team support with consistent, predicted outcomes.
- Manage and collaborate in launches, training meetings, Dealer kick-offs and end-user sales meetings.
- Manage market rationalization and all distribution via the various assigned product brands and lines. Lead efforts for quality channel interaction and resolution of channel conflicts by developing strong business relationships with leadership of other Ricoh channels.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Bachelor's degree in business or Marketing; Master's Degree preferred or equivalent experience in related field.
- Must have 10+ years selling and/or sales operations experience, with a minimum of 8+ years selling in a customer channel/alliance environment
- Proven experience in business improvement planning and strategy consulting
- MCSE, DCIA+, Security+, PDI+ certifications a plus
- Proven ability to sell software, solutions and services with a primary inclination to influence this value add approach is desirable.
- Successful track record in sales, channel management, and/or business development with ability to maximize territory potential effectively. Work with Dealership management to design and develop value add sales approach a plus.
- Proven track record in complex engagements involving negotiating skill to drive the sale.
- Proven ability to manage activity and time to reach specific targets, quota's and project deadlines
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.